Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

> (We cannot write/repeat what the "Nickname' of Uma's truck was in "KB2") 1 thing is certain, this woman can virtually do anything & both she & David ("Bill") Carradine were "robbed' come OSCAR time of nominations!

I didn't mean the nickname of the truck, I meant what kind of truck it was. Chevy? I don't remember.

I _think_ this is what you're looking for, Poinciana. I'm not sure if it's the exact model. Does it look right?

Three Coins in the Fountain (1954)

This is a fun 50's film. It's about three very different women, who are all in Rome, all under different circumstances. Each manages to find love in her own way. It's a fun film that anyone would like, fun for all ages.

Prince Dino di Cessi, played by the very handsome Louis Jourdan, plays a real ladies man, Italian style. He flies his own plane, is a devastating lothario, and best of all, he drives a silver 300SC W186 cabriolet. The car is seen throughout the movie (among a few other notable cars, it's the star), and is viewed from the front, from behind, from the side, from above and even loving shots of its interior detail. On the big screen you just have to say WOW. Even on video it's bound to be good.

There are a few other Mercedes seen here in bit parts in the background, mostly ponton sedans (taxis, etc) and a few 220a pre-pontons.

*Mercedes silver 300SC W186 cabriolet* (may not be exact model)

2hgh0ye.jpg

This movie is on the schedule this evening. It's my third favorite Elvis movie, probably because it seems to have a good balance of drama to song, and not too bad a story. Along with Follow That Dream (really, a funny movie) and Kid Gallahad, it completes my top 3 list of Elvis' movies.

*1964 Honda CB 77 in Roustabout - 1964*

11rr9ko.jpg

*Harley-Davidson S 125 in Roustabout - 1964* I forget the name of this: Daredevil Barrel Ride? No, I'm watching the movie now - it's 'The Wall of Death'.

15ck5et.jpg

Message was edited twice by Kid Dabb because: DUH! I forgot to img src the second pic and then I added 'The Wall of Death'

KD - Thanks so much! A beautiful car. The only difference in the pic you posted and the car in the movie is that the upholstery was a dark, almost brown, red leather, gorgeous. (We couldn't quite make out the hood ornament in the movie.)

One of my favorite all-time scenes in a movie is when Tippi's driving her Aston-Martin (thanks to another poster for identifying that one) to Bodega Bay and the love birds in the front seat are leaning into the curves. The editing was exceptional in that it would show Tippi steering into a curve and then cut to the birds leaning into the same curve, repeated two or three times very effectively.

Also, in The More the Merrier, isn't that an Isetta that the girls all crowd into going to work?

> {quote:title=Poinciana wrote:}{quote}

> KD - Thanks so much! A beautiful car. The only difference in the pic you posted and the car in the movie is that the upholstery was a dark, almost brown, red leather, gorgeous..

>

That maroon-ish leather makes all the difference. I know what you mean.

>One of my favorite all-time scenes in a movie is when Tippi's driving her Aston-Martin (thanks to another poster for identifying that one) to Bodega Bay and the love birds in the front seat are leaning into the curves.. repeated two or three times very effectively.

>

That's on my list of all time funny sequences. Hitchcock's humor isn't wasted on me. I remember the first time I saw the lovebirds doing that, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

> {quote:title=Poinciana wrote:}{quote}

>

> Also, in The More the Merrier, isn't that an Isetta that the girls all crowd into going to work?

Now that you mention it, I can't remember - but here's some pics I found. I'll keep an eye out the next time TCM airs it.

25gvynr.jpg

2qbcevn.jpg

Isettas are just the cutest things, thanks for the pics!

I know this isn't a movie question, but that wee car that was driven by James Herriot in the TV series All Creatures Great and Small, was adorable as most British cars of the Thirties were. Do you know what it was?

*It is an Isetta, and one was also featured in Funny Face. Kay Thompson and Fred Astaire drove one to a Flaustra lecture, pretending to be tourists from Florida.*

> {quote:title=Kid_Dabb wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=Poinciana wrote:}{quote}

> >

> > Also, in The More the Merrier, isn't that an Isetta that the girls all crowd into going to work?

>

> Now that you mention it, I can't remember - but here's some pics I found. I'll keep an eye out the next time TCM airs it.

>

> 25gvynr.jpg

> 2qbcevn.jpg

Grand Prix (1966) with James Garner is a great movie if you like auto racing. Heck, imo, this is the best movie made on the subject. Here's an older car from the movie (not one of the contemporary racers):

*Maserati 4CM in Grand Prix (1966)*

2nakv1h.jpg

We enjoy watching American Grafitti as much for the cars as anything else. Doesn't everyone?

The '32 Ford 3-window with flathead V8 vs. the '55 Chevy with overhead valve V8. The overhead valve V8 engines were the beginning of the end for the flatheads. (THANKS HUBBY)

Anytime!

Here is the Edsel.

God, I loved Edsels. I wanted my parents to buy one. Our neighbor down the street bought a gold one, and I used to ride my bike by their house wanting to climb inside and just sit in there. We always bought Oldsmobile, and dad would never consider anything else (until he got older and I moved away)!

sjff_01_img0026.jpg

goldcors.jpg

> {quote:title=ArmandDuval wrote:}{quote}

>

> God, I loved Edsels. I wanted my parents to buy one. Our neighbor down the street bought a gold one, and I used to ride my bike by their house wanting to climb inside and just sit in there. We always bought Oldsmobile, and dad would never consider anything else (until he got older and I moved away)!

>

I fell for any new car anywhere. My dad raced (almost) stock Corvettes at the local track events so we had a new one every year until I was about 4 years of age. He also did more than his share of street racing, challenging anyone at a traffic light. Mom must have convinced him to settle down because that's when we became a Pontiac family. I always went along to pick up the new car at the dealership and dad always had the seats covered with clear plastic seatcovers that crinkled. Nothing smells like those cars anymore.

Anyway, having seen all those biker movies and Mad Max on TCM last evening and this morning,

TheWild One (1953)

The Born Losers (1967)

The Wild Angels (1966)

Easy Rider (1969)

Mad Max (1979)

I was reminded of all those *Hot-Rod* movies from the late 50's thru the mid-60's. There always seemed to be a pack of kids in rods harassing a naive family or town. It would be cool if TCM would make a similar presentation of hot-rod movies from '57 to '67.

*Ford T-Bucket in Hot Rods to Hell (1967)*

1zggn5i.jpg

*1958 Chevrolet Corvette in Hot Rods to Hell (1967)*

14d0u87.jpg

> {quote:title=Capuchin wrote:}{quote}

> This car might be only moderately cool, but with 4 forward gears, 1 reverse, and 1 up, it blows everything else away.

>

> imarriedawitch68yi5.jpg

Cool enough, Capuchin. "Ahh. The old City Taxi Co. routine, eh..?" :)