Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This would make a nice follow-up to Ron Howard's Grand Theft Auto (1977).

*1970 Ford Maverick in The Gumball Rally (1976)*

16gejx1.jpg

*1957 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster [W198 II] in The Gumball Rally (1976)*

t98bbr.jpg

*1976 AMC Matador in The Gumball Rally (1976)*

jhq737.jpg

*Custom Made Dune Buggy in The Gumball Rally (1976)*

25fueco.jpg

*Better buggy pic - not from movie*

2u9mkb9.jpg

Message was edited twice by Kid Dabb because: forgot an * and Windows quirk

Message was edited by: Kid_Dabb

> {quote:title=Kid_Dabb wrote:}{quote}

> *Better buggy pic - not from movie*

> 2u9mkb9.jpg

>

I like that buggy a lot. :x

Does anyone remember much about the cars used in Warren Beatty's *Dick Tracy* ? I think I read somewhere that they were all custom-made for the movie, so they weren't actual vintage cars but looked like vintage cars.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Message was edited by: ElusivePimpernel

> {quote:title=ElusivePimpernel wrote:}{quote}

>

>Does anyone remember much about the cars used in Warren Beatty's *Dick Tracy* ? I think I read somewhere that they were all custom-made for the movie, so they weren't actual vintage cars but looked like vintage cars.

>

> Anyone know what I'm talking about?

There's an earlier post here from Dick Tracy (1990) showing Madonna(?) in a very nice Auburn Speedster _Replica_ . I'm not sure if all or most of the vehicles used in that movie were replicas or not. Considering the special colors used throughout the movie, and not just for vehicles, I'd guess quite a few were replicas. Here's another from the same movie (replica? - looks too good to be real):

*1937 Plymouth [P-3] in Dick Tracy (1990)*

14sib1h.jpg

You're welcome, Pimpernel. I'm enjoying this as much as you are :D

I've been watching James Garner on TCM all day - really enjoyed The Americanization of Emily, 36 Hours, and especially Grand Prix:

GRAND PRIX LIMITED EDITION PRINT CAR

*James Garner Grand Prix (1966)*

k38768.jpg

A limited print commemorating the famous movie Grand Prix. Each print is signed by James Garner and shows Garner in the Ginther Honda with Brabham, Lotus and BRM's of Clark, Stewart etc. following at Monza, 1966.

*Grand Prix (1966) James Garner and Adolfo Celi in the Ferrari factory*

5xrkva.jpg

Two Robert Blake movies that should be shown back-to-back:

In Cold Blood (1967) then Electra Glide In Blue (1973)

*1955 Pontiac Star Chief in - In Cold Blood (1967)*

1hyo1l.jpg

*Electra Glide In Blue (1973) - Title Character*

fnzn0z.jpg

*Zipper (Billy Green Bush) and John Wintergreen (Robert Blake) on their police*

*bikes just waiting for you to cruise by in your VW bus*

25ph5vo.jpg

This car has the poor soul (gangster) who went against Goldfinger's grain in the back seat thinking he's on the way to the airport with a million in gold from Goldfinger. *WRONG*. Oddjob's driving, but not for long. There's a surprise coming.

*1964 Lincoln Continental in Goldfinger (1964)*

30wt6l2.jpg

This is the above Lincoln with the above 'poor soul' with the million in gold compacted into a nice, neat, little package that fits well into the cargo area of the family's second car as shown. We still have time to make the drive-in.

*1964 Ford Falcon Ranchero in Goldfinger (1964)*

2cz367o.jpg

That very thought runs through my mind every time I see it too. And remember, that cube also contains 1 million dollars in gold, which was a lot of gold for that time and weighed an awful lot. Ah, the magic of movies. I never questioned it the first time I saw the movie when it premiered.

> {quote:title=Kid_Dabb wrote:}{quote}

> That very thought runs through my mind every time I see it too. And remember, that cube also contains 1 million dollars in gold, which was a lot of gold for that time and weighed an awful lot. Ah, the magic of movies. I never questioned it the first time I saw the movie when it premiered.

The MAGIC of Movies. It's quite alright. YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO SUSPEND BELIEF, especially watching 007. LOL. I don't believe a hat can kill a person either, but that's another thread.

I wonder who's thread that is???

Hmm. :)

Having just overheard David Niven and Jean Seberg in the woods talking about her, Deborah Kerr runs to escape her broken heart. David Niven and Jean Seberg are chasing after. A moment too late, as Deborah Kerr has gone over the edge and perished. The cure for a broken heart. She was the seventh 'accident' at that point in the road since the summer began, so who knows.

*1951 Renault Juvaquatre Break [R2100] on the left, and*

*1956 Chrysler New Yorker in Bonjour Tristesse (1958) at right*

2hhmbdh.jpg

*1951 Renault Juvaquatre Break [r2100] in Bonjour Tristesse (1958) with David Niven*

*behind the wheel and Jean Seberg - on the way to the finale 'accident'.*

27xl9gy.jpg

Message was edited by Kid Dabb because Plain Text never matches Preview

Does anyone remember this movie? This was a bit odd when I saw it a few years after it's release, but it is very funny, and the ending is great. In retrospect, it's similar to watching a Charlie Chaplin silent - with sound.

*1972 BMW 525 [E12] in The Gods Must Be Crazy (1980)*

jz8qr9.jpg

I used to see quite a few Reanult Dauphines tooling around the San Francisco Bay Area back in the late 50s when I was a car-obsessed kid. Not as ubiquitous as the VW bug, but certainly a famiiar sight.

I was surprised to see that the wonderful metallic silver Hudson convertible that Jack Nicholson drives in The Two Jakes wasn't listed in the IMCDB. I'd submit it, but I only have it on laserdisc and can't do screen caps from them.

> {quote:title=tterrace wrote:}{quote}

>

> I was surprised to see that the wonderful metallic silver Hudson convertible that Jack Nicholson drives in The Two Jakes wasn't listed in the IMCDB. I'd submit it, but I only have it on laserdisc and can't do screen caps from them.

That is surprising - nothing from The Two Jakes. I'll slide this one in because it, too, is beautiful.

*1938 Packard Twelve [1607] in Chinatown (1974)*

35ddsnq.jpg

and ..

*1952 Hudson Hornet Convertible [7B] in Z?rtliches Geheimnis (1956)*

bi7xvd.jpg

*1935 Hudson Big Six in Und du mein Schatz f?hrst mit (1937)*

24lnfqv.jpg

Message was edited by Kid Dabb to add.. stuff