Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oh, that face, that fabulous face. Whose is it?

Well, so you don't lose sleep, it's Major Sam Harris. Sam was in the British army in India and became a military advisor in Hollywood. From the early 30's (films such as DUCK SOUP) he was seen in hundreds upon hundreds of films as a dress extra, usually in tails or dinner clothes. Occasionally he played a role with dialogue (THE INFORMER, I COVER THE WAR). He was often seen dancing with Bess Flowers in the 50's and 60's (even on an episode of THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW). Two of his last appearances were in MARY POPPINS and MY FAIR LADY. IMDB has credits but they only scratch the surface.

*Okay, first off: I have no idea who these performers are (the Mystery Stars). I literally do not know, and have been trying to identify them. The photo lot from which these snapshots originated consisted of all vintage material, and ranged from the late 1930s to perhaps the late 1950s.*

*I'm inclined to agree that the first lady is probably Jane Powell. The face looks correct. This pair of snapshots looks to have been taken in an outdoor stage production, but certainly could have been done on-set for 7B47B (haven't investigated whether any of the gentlemen match).*

*The third lady certainly appears to be June Havoc, just from comparison with googled images. I do not think it is Crawford, although it looks a lot like Dunaway-doing-Crawford!*

*The gentleman keeps trying to turn into Robert Walker in my head, but I am simply not sure.*

*The last lovely lady looks sooooooo familiar, but I am drawing a complete blank. Same with the second lady -- I am totally at sea.*

*I have total and absolute faith in you TCMers to solve my mystery stars' identities! Thanks for your help so far.*

lombard33, this #4 mystery man of yours.. I know this face but I can't place the name.

I seem to remember confusing him with Joseph Cotton. This guy's mouth, jawline and

hairline are very familiar. If only..

2hmzbxd.jpg

Yes. Those are two new faces. But you have to come up with their real names :)

Mystery man #4 is an unsolved case from the previous page. We're all over the place here.