Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oh, that face, that fabulous face. Whose is it?

Pulled from 2 pages back. lombard33's *# 1 Mystery Star*

t0572c.jpg2nhno68.jpg

This looks like Gail Russell with blonde hair. What do you think?

(casablancalover - I don't have a mirror. Can't tell ;) )

> {quote:title=Kid_Dabb wrote:}{quote}

>

> (casablancalover - I don't have a mirror. Can't tell ;) )

I think someone's pulling my leg...

I will give you a reflection..

george_clooney_swimming.jpg

Me thinks you get mistaken for someone else quite often, which is why you are here.

See, I knew it... I heard you had a pool...

Ah, the luxurious lifestyle of those in retail.

OK, enough of your life. I am pouring over westerns trying to figure out the young lady. All I know is it doesn't look like me, but I am not quite convinced it's Gail Russell either, with all due respect.

Gail Russell is as close as I can guess. There's another guy to her left - all the way to the right - in the plaid shirt - looks like Lloyd Bridges. In the other pic, the guy all the way to the right with long hair and a full beard... I recognize his face but can't place him. Like he's from Jack and the Beanstalk or some viking movie or something. It'll come to me. Richard Greene maybe..? I can't tell if these people are costumed for the same movie or just taking a break from different sets. You can see a car parked behind them in one photo - gone in the other.

> {quote:title=Kid_Dabb wrote:}{quote}

> Pulled from 2 pages back. lombard33's *# 1 Mystery Star*

> t0572c.jpg2nhno68.jpg

eb5zec.jpg

6p5naq.jpg

Message was edited by Kid Dabb because I'm so confused

> {quote:title=georgiegirl wrote:}{quote}

> You guys are doing great on those mystery photos. I'm sure lombard will be pleased to see what you've come up with so far. Good research and detecting going on here. :-)

Thank you :) I'm enjoying this.

I'm enjoying seeing you guys find this stuff! You really amaze me and I'm so impressed!

They say there is a war going on between TCM and AMC, but as far as I'm concerned, the members here rule! Such dedication to films and their stars, and each other when it comes to finding the answers to questions. :-)

> {quote:title=georgiegirl wrote:}{quote}

> I think you guys got 1-3-4 but what about 2-5? lol

>

*Third Base!* lol! :) Oh.. I need sleep. *# 2* might be Doris Day. Looks like a home shot and there's sometin' in the ovin'. *# 5* looks very familiar around the eyes the instant the pic pops up but then.. nothing. Reminds me of Donna Reed except her jawline is throwing me off.

*#2* Doris Day?

25t95e1.jpg

*#5* ?

21oc9jl.jpg2iqbhy1.jpg

6p5naq.jpg

It could be Ellen Drew, who looked a lot like Gail Russell. However, I checked Drew's credits on imdb.com, and I'm not sure if any of her films match up with this scene, although she did make several westerns. I never saw her as a blonde either, but I did see her as a redhead.

I should ask Lombard, who started this mystery, if he/she's sure these photos are of well known celebs. It could be they were B movie celebs and not leading even in those, but... However, I just look at those faces and things jump out at me I can't quite put my finger on. A name comes to the tip of my tongue, or brain, then melts away. lol

*Hi -*

*YES, the rest of the lot is practically all A-List performers. Chaplin, Garland, Ty Power, Hayworth, Hayward, Dietrich/Gabin, Colbert, Gable, Landis, Ann Sheridan, Darnell, Jimmy Stewart, Ginger Rogers, Bob Hope, Lamarr, Reagan/Wyman, James Mason, Margaret Sullavan, Shirley Temple...not a slacker in the bunch. And no non-celebs in the entire lot. (Mark Stevens was the closest one of these came to being an image of someone I was unfamiliar with.)*

*These are all vintage original snapshots (not mass-produced photos), and all appear to have been taken in Hollywood (rather than New York or elsewhere). Undoubtedly never-published. Actually, the original reason I purchased this lot at auction was that it was supposed to have contained a Carole Lombard original snap...but it turned out that it contained three of Carole Landis, but no Lombard. :-( I love the original little snapshots, though -- they're such fun, they have such an immediacy. Over the years I have snagged several of Lombard, even a few of Jean Harlow. All non-published stuff.*

*All but these very few in this particular lot have been identified. And with the identification of the Mark Stevens photo, that is one fewer Mystery Stars!*

*Thanks --*