Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oh, that face, that fabulous face. Whose is it?

That's right, Rich. You just made another fifty cents. Renie Riano played the housekeeper, Effie Schneider. John Litel was Carson Drew, Nancy's father, and Frank Orth was Captain Tweedy of the police department.

Now who are these folks and what movie series did they work in?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnpafRKeGkyG0rR0J2rps

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn-O0gK-JJV8jXNuJV8IM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrklNvCPtcOI5DxpXwJqL

Lavenderblue got them all. I believe that Larry Simms may have been billed as Baby Dumpling when he appeared in "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington". Maybe someone can check that out.

Now, who is this young fellow? He was in movies in the late thirties and early forties.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR6ro4i1Hn9J2lWK6G3mr

This young fellow was from New Zealand, so with that accent, he was usually cast as an English boy. He was sort of a poor man's Freddie Bartholomew. In fact, he replaced Freddie in a movie when Freddie had a contract dispute with the studio.

That's right, Lavender. He also played Scrooge as a boy in MGM's "A Christmas Carol" in 1938. He replaced Freddie Bartholomew in "Thoroughbreds Don't Cry". He ended up as a film editor for "B" movie directors Roger Corman and Bert Gordon. Tell us Lavender, did you get it from my clue, or did you already know it? I'll be back later.

I knew I recognized him and was racking my tired brain all day, since I've seen all those Little Peppers movies. I remembered before that clue but was busy on other threads and just forgot to post. I Loved those Pepper films, and hope TCM runs them again soon.

Yes, it's Louis Jean Heydt. Not a well known name, but he was a very busy character actor. Now, here's a guy who was not very busy. In fact, after his first film, which everyone remembers him from, it was at least seven years before he made another movie. He only made a handful before doing some TV work. Do you know him?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRGu_M0Ss0ArhLM02W2qK

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsQxk6J0f6A-RngZXmAai

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgSvMFiBLwQKpoJl1_2JQ