Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
georgiegirl

Oh, that face, that fabulous face. Whose is it?

Renie Riano, John Litel, Frank Orth

Riano and Litel worked in the Nancy Drew films, Riano as the housekeeper, Litel as Nancy's father.

That's right, Rich. You just made another fifty cents. Renie Riano played the housekeeper, Effie Schneider. John Litel was Carson Drew, Nancy's father, and Frank Orth was Captain Tweedy of the police department.

Now who are these folks and what movie series did they work in?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnpafRKeGkyG0rR0J2rps

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSn-O0gK-JJV8jXNuJV8IM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrklNvCPtcOI5DxpXwJqL

The *Blondie* series of films (WISH TCM would show these, esp on the week-ends)

Marjorie Ann Muchie (Marjorie Kent) as Cookie Bumstead

Larry Simms, as Baby Dimpling then Alexander Bumstead

Jonathan Hale, as Mr. Dithers

Lavenderblue got them all. I believe that Larry Simms may have been billed as Baby Dumpling when he appeared in "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington". Maybe someone can check that out.

Now, who is this young fellow? He was in movies in the late thirties and early forties.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR6ro4i1Hn9J2lWK6G3mr

This young fellow was from New Zealand, so with that accent, he was usually cast as an English boy. He was sort of a poor man's Freddie Bartholomew. In fact, he replaced Freddie in a movie when Freddie had a contract dispute with the studio.

That's right, Lavender. He also played Scrooge as a boy in MGM's "A Christmas Carol" in 1938. He replaced Freddie Bartholomew in "Thoroughbreds Don't Cry". He ended up as a film editor for "B" movie directors Roger Corman and Bert Gordon. Tell us Lavender, did you get it from my clue, or did you already know it? I'll be back later.

I knew I recognized him and was racking my tired brain all day, since I've seen all those Little Peppers movies. I remembered before that clue but was busy on other threads and just forgot to post. I Loved those Pepper films, and hope TCM runs them again soon.

Yes, John Ridgely was a staple of Warner Bros. movies in those years. Musicalnovelty, you haven't been around much. Let's hope that you're here to stay. Now, here is another veteran character actor. Do you know him?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8t-m8cgyXlW2mxkCCvHm

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSr2FO93x6wGUyCerWcBdO

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKqcvOCyd9Gq21fvloaB6

That happens all the time, Hibi. If you can remember one movie in particular that you saw him in, you might look up the cast list on IMDB. That's how lots of folks around here identify some pictures.

Hibi wrote: I cant at the moment! (LOL)

It's Louis Jean Heydt who was in *The Big Sleep* and too many 40's and 50's movies and TV shows to count. He was usually on the wrong side of the law.

Yes, it's Louis Jean Heydt. Not a well known name, but he was a very busy character actor. Now, here's a guy who was not very busy. In fact, after his first film, which everyone remembers him from, it was at least seven years before he made another movie. He only made a handful before doing some TV work. Do you know him?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRGu_M0Ss0ArhLM02W2qK

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsQxk6J0f6A-RngZXmAai

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgSvMFiBLwQKpoJl1_2JQ

Yup, I know him, Jack Buetel. I recognize him because a few months back I rewatched the Jane Russell, Walter Huston film*The Outlaw* on TCM. He was Billy the Kid-

That's him, Lavender. He will always be remembered for that one movie. Now, who is this senior citizen?

thurston-hall-2-sized.jpg

20178_122030448614.jpg

Corbis-JS1562483.jpg?size=67&uid=12e1ea6

He often played wealthy businessmen.

Right again, Lavender. He tended to be loud and blustery, as I recall. Now. who are these youngsters and what do they have in common?

See if you can get all of their names.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuZDOgqiM5NC5R1LRTYe0

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsqhHGtgZqPGmfuCVhO6X

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyZQH0aS1v6bgKc51iNoM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrcoWUxXt25y7lOStSo68

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnxGzVWNgp4BlRMdnHgpa

Bobby Larson. Charles Peck ( Peck looks a lot like Alan Young) Tommy Bond, Edith Fellows, Dorothy Ann Seese - The Five Peppers film series

I LOVE the FIVE LITTLE PEPPERS!

It's been awhile since TCM has shown those movies.