Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
georgiegirl

Oh, that face, that fabulous face. Whose is it?

Hedy was in a film called "Ekstase" or in America "Ecstasy" where she had a brief nude scene while swimming and running through the woods. That film bought her international fame and Hollywoods attention....

OK, I'm back after not being able to post all evening. So can anyone guess who this lovely gal might be?

LittleGirlLook.png

Until Gagman comes in and tells us, I believe it's Coleen Moore, but..

As long as I finally go in here, I might as well give you another to ponder while we wait.

Photobucket

I could "I.D." this lady who's "Dunne" so many great films that we get to see right here on TCM, but I'll let someone else have a chance to guess.

With the short blonde hair, that photo of Rita must have been taken back around 1947 or ?48, when she was making ?The Lady From Shanghai?.

OK I'm back. Now let's see who knows this one? (Note: Photo is in Two-Color Technicolor. Not Colorized.)

LeopardSkinOutfit-1.jpg

I remember her. I think I saw that film on TCM. The color was very good. The blue water, the green trees, the color of the people, the blue sky.

Fred,

You are thinking of THE VIKING (1928) that Warner Archive just released on DVD-R (Hooray!) with Pauline Starke. However, that's not who is in this photo, and the film is not THE VIKING either. Someone a little better remembered and more famous. A major star throughout the 20's. I will grab a photo of Pauline here too. So hold on.

Fred,

Wow, these Youtube clips will probably be removed now that the film has been released by Warner Archive? I am kind of surprised that they are still there. Hopefully, the Official release is in better synch than those clips? The audio is way out of kilter.

Actually, Pauline Starke was a pretty big name in her own right, and had a long career in Silents going back to the Teens. So many of her films are lost that no one really knows that today. Quite sad. TCM has run CAPTAIN SALVATION, and Warner's does have a few other titles in the vault. The films escape me at the moment. I'll try to pull up the list.

PaulineStarkeFromTHEVIKINGMGM1928.png

*Pauline Starke as "Helga THE VIKING"*

That looks like a leopard skin outfit your lady is wearing, so I?m going to guess this movie took place in Africa?

FredCDobbs,

Close, try Arabia. That should be a definite clue.If I post the other still, you likely have seen me use it before in other threads. So I don't want to do that until someone figures out the ladies identity.

scsu1975,

Whoosh, finally able to respond. Everytime the forum goes out, I assume that technicians are slaving to fix the problem, But I am quickly losing faith as this has been going all Spring and Summer

Yes, it is Bebe Daniels! Here is the other still that I eluded to earlier. So can you name Her leading man?

RichardandBebe.jpg

I will guess this is from She's a Sheik, so that would be Richard Arlen.

Fred,

No, but there was a sequence or two filmed in Two-Color. I know I read that someplace, as the links were posted here on the forums. Now I can't find the information. Frustrating.

SHE'S A SHEIK may or may not be a lost film today. According to Anthony Slide in SILENT PLAYERS We know that it was screened in London back in 1970, but that was quite a long time ago already. Kevin Brownlow also remembers seeing a 16 Millimeter reduction print, but that could have been at the same time as the London screening. Trying to get more information.

I sure hope that the movie is still around. Not much in the way of Bebe Daniels Paramount features have been accounted for. Other than the De Mille's I have only seen MISS BLUE BEARD (1925) which was incomplete, missing the opening reel at least, and FEEL MY PULSE (1928).

It's like a ghost town over here..

In an attempt to breathe some life back into this thread, how about this flattering pic?

29clwdw.jpg