Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oh, that face, that fabulous face. Whose is it?

HA! I got it!

You caused me to waste about 3 hours searching for photos of this dame! :)

I almost said Barrymore, but she doesn't have Barrymore's nose.

She was so beautiful, but we know her mostly as an older woman, and sometimes a mean one.

I'll give someone else a chance to guess. :)

Yes, Hibi! Gladys Cooper had an earlier career as a model, starting when she was a child. Her photographs graced millions of postcards and ads.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

The role she played on stage to great success was Leslie Crosbie in THE LETTER.

Edited by: JackFavell on Sep 19, 2012 2:28 PM

>but didnt realize she had modeled

I didn't realize it either until Jack mentioned the postcards. Then I went searching for postcards and her name. I'm surprized she posed for so many.

I've run out of ideas for now. Maybe someone else can post one, and give some clues if it is a difficult one. :)

> {quote:title=Dothery wrote:}{quote}My favorite (recent) role of hers was as the rich lady in The Bishop's Wife, whom Cary Grant charms into humanity. She was lovely all her life and could act the pants off anybody. She was Robert Morley's mother-in-law, BTW.

I love her in The Bishop's Wife, Dothery, mainly because she is so changed by Cary's presence, it shows how human anyone can be, if you dig a little into their lives and background. ! And I did not know she was Robert Morley's MIL. Thanks for the info!

OK, how about another older pic of a younger star? Who is this admirable lady?:

post.gif

Her heyday was in the silent era. In her class, she was at the top, however, her fortune was squandered by others. She suffered an eclipse that lasted many decades, until she regained success in another field, and recognition for her movie work.

Hmm. That's an original narrative. . .