Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
georgiegirl

Oh, that face, that fabulous face. Whose is it?

>He's been snowed in at his mountain retreat - you know.

Well, I went to Google Images, and I tried to find shots of the girls wearing similar hats, about the same age, similar hair, similar noses, and after a while they all began to look alike.

In fact, that is the whole key to your success at posting old photos. You find ones of people who could be any number of other people, who essentially look very similar to half a dozen other actresses.

For example, your photo of Toby Wing. That's the only photo I've seen of her that doesn't look like her.

I thought it looked more like Dorothy Dell from LITTLE MISS MARKER, but the eyebrows weren't quite right.

220px-Dorothy_Dell.jpg

I thought that might be a bit tougher. This next one should also be pretty easy. Can you name the four people and the movie this is from?

I'm usually hopeless at identifying photos, unless it's something I'm fairly familiar with. I think I know two of the blokes -- Ronnie Reagan, and Dick Powell, so it must be Hollywood Hotel.

The guy on the right played the studio publicist. Here he is in a later picture. Do you know him now?

Ally[iJoslyn[/i]ILoveMelvin.JPG]

Yes, that's Allyn Loslyn, who was in many pictures over the years. Now, who is this very pretty lady? You may be used to seeing her in a different costume.

joyce-brenda.jpg

> {quote:title=twinkeee wrote:}{quote}Hey K.D., you haven't given us the answer to this one........

>

> -twinkeee :):)

Hiya. You are the winner! Adele & Fred Astaire :)

2ywthsj.jpg

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:...}{quote}Well, I went to Google Images, and I tried to find shots of the girls wearing similar hats, about the same age, similar hair, similar noses, and after a while they all began to look alike..

I call it 'that flapper look'. Here, in our time(s), from our perspective, they all appear to have

the same face, hat, etc.. as you said. The reverse might be true if they could look ahead at

us. Looking for the girl in the car probably turned into looking for a car with a girl in it. It's

getting difficult to find photos of post 30's actors that don't resemble their public image.

> {quote:title=movielover11 wrote:}{quote}I knew it was Fred Astaire, but didn't know his sister. She looks like she has PMS in that photo.

Ha! My first thought was that she's thinking, 'I got him. Now what do I do with him?' :P

Ah-Ah-A-Ah-Ahhh-A... Is this Brenda Joyce; a Jane ?

> {quote:title=MilesArcher wrote:}{quote}.. Now, who is this very pretty lady? You may be used to seeing her in a different costume.

>

> joyce-brenda.jpg

The Kid got it, it's Brenda Joyce. When the Tarzan series shifted from MGM to RKO, Maureen O'Sullivan decided to leave the jungle, so she was replaced by Brenda Joyce, who played Jane in four of Weissmuller's last six Tarzan films. When Johnny traded in his loin cloth for his Jungle Jim khakis, the Tarzan role was given to Lex Barker. Brenda Joyce stayed on as Jane in the first one, then she retired. Barker ended up making five Tarzan films in five years with five different actresses playing Jane. Now, recently I saw a young actress, who was very early in her career, in one of the Barbara Stanwyck movies on TCM. I recognized her from another film, but couldn't remember her name at first, so I looked her up. Here she is as she looked in the TCM movie.

31658-6668.gif

She had a long career. Here are some young and not so young photos of her. Do you know her?

BrentEve.jpg

She looks a little 'steamy' in that top photo, Miles. Resembles Sharon Stone a bit, IMO.