Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mateo107

Warner Archives Discussion

I like the collections, and usually buy those because they are better deals for the price and what you get. I wish they would just do more of those. I not only can afford them, but dig them!

New Releases (5/24)

FBI: Season One

Southland: The Complete Second Season

Mark of the Gorilla

Jungle Man-Eaters

Pygmy Island

Fury of the Congo

Jungle Manhunt

Jungle Moon Men

And it should be noted that The FBI is part 1 of Season 1, only the first 16 of the season.

But I still want it.

New sale, but not great. Buy 2 single-DVD titles and get 1 free. Free shipping. Ends up being $40 for three on an average...works out to about $13.33 a title. Definitely not as good as 5 for $50, but some titles are marked down to $17.95, so about $12 a piece. Plus tax. I think I just might go for this. Want to get The Boyfriend, Don Juan, and -30-.

Expires 5/31.

> {quote:title=filmlover wrote:}{quote}

> New sale, but not great. Buy 2 single-DVD titles and get 1 free. Free shipping. Ends up being $40 for three on an average...works out to about $13.33 a title. Definitely not as good as 5 for $50, but some titles are marked down to $17.95, so about $12 a piece. Plus tax. I think I just might go for this. Want to get The Boyfriend, Don Juan, and -30-.

>

> Expires 5/31.

Just ordered THE GREAT DIVIDE (1929), HEAT LIGHTNING (1934) and THE PRISONER OF ZENDA (1922). After tax it works out to about $14.46 a title. Certainly not the worst deal, but I do agree, I liked the 5 for $50 deal much better.

> {quote:title=filmlover wrote:}{quote}

> And it should be noted that The FBI is part 1 of Season 1, only the first 16 of the season.

>

> But I still want it.

I want it too, but $39.99 for half a season???

15 more shows for pt 2, will it cost basically $80 to get the first season?(save some sale)

If so, they will no doubt say sales don't warrant putting out future seasons.

I guess WB thinks they could get this exhorbitant price so that is why it is priced like it is. There are some people who don't care how much as long as they want it. Speaking to customer service I was told many people put in hugh orders for these releases (without thinking price) and that is why the sales now are so infrequent. They are making more money on these DVD-R's than when they released pressed DVD's or box sets. Personallty, I am being very selective and not interested in purchasing TV shows. Would like to take a look at them as a rental but not purchase.

New Releases 6/7:

DARK OF THE SUN

24 HOURS TO KILL

HEARTS OF THE WEST

DOUBLE MAN

ASSIGNMENT TO KILL

KONA COAST

AVALANCHE EXPRESS

The following title which had been an exclusive with Critics Choice Video is now being made available.

THE GREAT CARUSO

Edited by: Edgecliff on Jun 7, 2011 10:38 AM

Ive never heard of any of them, but after researching them the ones I might rent are Assignment to Kill and Dark of the Sun...

I wish theyd do an all monster or horror release ( and not wait until October) :)

I remember Hearts of the West being very good - it's got Jeff Bridges, Blythe Danner and Andy Griffith in a gentle story about silent movie stunt men.

I have never seen Assignment To Kill either, but have watched Dark Of The Sun when it was on TCM and actually own the Thai DVD. I already ordered the Warner Archive DVD edition because of the fact that it is remastered and looks way better than the Thai DVD. I would recommend Dark Of The Sun. I really believe that Rod Taylor's and Jim Brown's performances are the best of their career's in Dark Of The Sun. There is a high level of violence for a PG rated movie, I would consider the content more of a high PG-13. If that doesn't bother you, then I would recommend the movie. Here's two reviews of Dark Of The Sun from DVD Beaver and DVDTalk:

[DVD Beaver Review|http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/dvd_reviews54/dark_of_the_sun.htm]

[DVD Talk Review|http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/50230/dark-of-the-sun-the-mercenaries/?___rd=1]

Edited by: JoeBond on Jun 10, 2011 2:42 PM

New releases 6/14 starring John Garfield.

TORTILLA FLAT

THE BREAKING POINT

There are also several Columbia releases including NO SAD SONGS FOR ME which I have already listed on the Sony thread.

New Releases today, 6/21!

Woman on the Beach

A Damsel in Distress

Symphony of Six Million

In Name Only

George Sanders Saint Collection (not the complete one, just George Sanders)

The Letter (1929)

The Sin of Madeline Claudet B-)

If I Were Free

Day of Reckoning

Vigil in the Night

Nice Choices!

I jumped all over The Saint collection! Wish it had included all of them, but I'll take the 5 Sanders flix at that price, decent! Thank you for the notice!

I ordered a couple of titles..Home Before Dark & Girl Missing / Illicit

Too bad the new releases werent included..they all sound interesting and Im going to rent them all..

I did order Woman on the Beach as I have seen it courtesy of Manga DVD ( their import) but wanted the Archive so I dont have to adjust the DVD to not hear Robert Ryan being dubbed in Spanish ! :)

I was wondering, is there any chance of DVDs from the Warners Archive Collection also being offered to EXCLUSIVE retail outlets like BARNES AND NOBLE? I do not like ordering over the phone or though the computer as it does not generate the same kind of rush that I got from browsing through my local Barnes and Noble's DVD shelves. Also, call me foolish, but I do not like sharing personal information like Credit Card Accounts over the phone or the computer. Besides, alot of my DVD purchases in stores were not planned out by looking through catalogues or WEB sites, they were based on something that I saw, while browsing, that happened to catch my eye because it looked interesting. That means the front and the back of the DVD, as well as any extras that might have been listed on the DVDs. I know these Warner Archive DVDs are DVDRs, not pressed DVDs and as such they, for whatever reason, do not have extras, have not been restored, digitally remastered, or anything else that was done to enhance the attraction of films that were put onto pressed DVDs, but all the same, it would be nice to be able to browse through them at stores and increase my collection.

there's probably no chance of that, infinite1, because the Warner Archive DVDRs are made to order; if the manufacturer doesn't inventory them then there's no way a retailer is going to either.

ok, but MOVIES UNLIMITED and CRITICS CHOICE are retailers, via catalogue it's true, but retailers nonetheless. Why should they have access to WARNERS ARCHIVES when BARNES and NOBLE does not? If it's more convienient for some, as well as instilling a "safer" feeling regarding credit card accounts to speak to a live sales rep, why not open it up to BARNES and NOBLE? Unless it's something that B&N dosen't want to get involved in and that's a whole other issue.

Movies Unlimited sells archive titles, but it usually takes 2 to 3 months before the DVD is available for order after Warners releases it on their website. Also, don't forget, but TCM is part of the Time Warner family which includes the Warner Archives.