Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mateo107

Warner Archives Discussion

Hope the Value Packs show up show especially WOMEN OF WB BROS -SHERIDAN & LUPINO. Won't buy these DVD's separately. Seems unfair that they would list these DVD's separately then bundle them later.

Unfair, perhaps. But it's all business. And that is what happens with most titles in the home video business - initial price is as high as the market will bear, then after they've gouged those who are willing to pay top dollar, they'll start reducing the price, to get the $$$ from those who weren't willing to pay top dollar, and then they maximize the profits.

I'd prefer to save money and wait for the Value Packs. It always amuses me when people want the DVD right here and now and pay close to list price. I could never fathom people going into Amoeba and buying DVD's twice the price of online dealers because they couldn't wait a few weeks for mail delivery and saving a bundle.

Warners has 8 more titles up for preorder:

All the Marbles

Boulevard Nights

Carny

Dealing: Or the Berkley-to-Boston Forty

Don?t Be Afraid of the Dark

Mike?s Murder

The Terminal Man

Urgh! A Music War

http://www.wbshop.com/Pre-Orders/ARCHIVEPRE,default,sc.html

WB also has new codes: REWARD25 for 25% OFF and REWARD15 for 15% off DVDs and Blu-rays at their WBshop.com. I tested the REWARD25 and it works but not for pre-orders. It also works for Warner Archives. These expire July 31.

Some of these titles seems obscure. The Rewards15 did not work for me when I tested it to order THE HARD WAY.

> {quote:title=Edgecliff wrote:}{quote}

> I'd prefer to save money and wait for the Value Packs. It always amuses me when people want the DVD right here and now and pay close to list price. I could never fathom people going into Amoeba and buying DVD's twice the price of online dealers because they couldn't wait a few weeks for mail delivery and saving a bundle.

Well, close to twice the price I guess.

Those coupon codes look interesting, I'll have to give them a try. :D

Edge, it's REWARD15, not REWARDS15...but you are right, it doesn't work for some reason. However, use the REWARD25. I just tried it on that title and it works.

filmlover, thanks it does work now. BUT its still too much money with only $4.95 and I want about 10 titles. Will probably wait for the WARNER LADIES set which I hope will be soon. Think this will sell for $59.95 not including any other discounts. There are some individual titles I want too like STORY OF THREE LOVES and WEEKEND AT THE WALDORF. Really wish they would hurry up with their Value Packs, but it looks like I am going to have to wait.

WB just added another Value Pack: SCI-FI FANTASY (Brainstorm, etc.) made up of six titles that have already been available for weeks. Apparently WBSHOP is going to wait to add these Value Packs after weeks of these titles being offered as individual DVD's. I think people like myself are going to get wise and wait for the Value Packs. Its just too darn expensive to buy individually especially with postage and tax, even with a slight discount. The WB Ladies was supposed to be added (September???) and it seems obvious they will make Packs out of the Jolson and Taylor films later on this year. So one would be a fool not to wait if they are interested in several of these titles.

Edgecliff,

Thanks for the heads-up regarding the sci-fi value pack. There's two titles in it that I was already interested, and this now seems like the way to go.

I agree with you that it pays to wait until the movies get bundled, for better or worse, that's their sales strategy and I don't think it's going to change unless they see sales of individual titles plummet all of a sudden. The upside is that $10 a title (or even less, with the coupon codes) seems about right (to me at least).

Three titles that were Amazon exclusives are now available for pre-order on the Archives site:

20,000 Years in Sing Sing (1932)

Bordertown (1935)

From Hell It Came (1957)

Hopefully others including THE STRAWBERRY BLONDE and LOOK FOR THE SILVER LINING become available for pre-order soon.

Still can't image anyone ordering these titles from Amazon for $28.99.

Add SHE, the Hammer remake to the pre-orders. Nothing for me yet until some more Value Packs become available. Just dropped a bundle on DDD big sale.

Has anybody mentioned these additions?

Across to Singapore

The Boob

Desert Nights

The First Texan

King of the Wild Stallions

A Majority of One

Mary, Mary

Never Too Late

The Viking

West Point

These titles, formerly Amazon exclusives are now available:

Colorado Territory

Crime School

Dr. Ehrlich's Magic Bullet

Male Animal, The

The Strawberry Blonde

Unsuspected, The

Verdict, The

Hopefully, LOOK FOR THE SILVER LINING will be added soon.

filmlover, I am repeating some of your listings but this is a more complete list that is available for pre-order:

Across to Singapore (1928)

Any Wednesday

Boob, The (1926)

Desert Nights (1929)

First Texan, The

Fox, The

King of the Wild Stallions

Majority of One

Mary, Mary

Never Too Late (1965)

Viking, The (1928)

West Point (1927)

All the pre-orders that were listed on WBSHOP (8/4) for some reason have now been pulled. This is the wackiest site I have ever encountered. Also, the site is so slow its enough to drive you up the wall. I am in no hurry to order any titles at this time since I don't agree with their price structure and even with 20% that is still too much.

I decided to wait before I buy any more titles or at least until they bundle the discs or have some special deal. I just bought ICONS OF SCREWBALL COMEDY Vols 1 & 2 for $17.99, that contain 4 films in each set so why would I want to buy a single DVD-R disc @ $19.95 plus tax and shipping.

Here we go again with quirky WBSHOP site adding some new titles to pre-orders:

Gunfight at Comanche Creek

How Sweet It Is!

Kisses for My President

Patsy, The (1928)

Plunderers, The (1960)

plus previously mentioned

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark

Desert Nights (1929)

Mary, Mary

Not very exciting titles for me!

from classicflix.com:

Hurry! Hurry! And I do mean HURRY over to WBShop right now as they have two brand new sets listed at super low prices. Whether they'll be available at such a low price for long is unknown, but they have now listed both titles below for only $19.95.

Our Gang Comedies - 52 Shorts (1938 - 1942, 5 Disc Set)

http://www.wbshop.com/Our-Gang-Comedies-52-Shorts-1938-1942-+EST-MOD/1000113696,default,pd.html?cgid=

63 Joe McDoakes Shorts (6 Disc Set)

http://www.wbshop.com/Joe-McDoakes-63-SHORTSEST-MOD/1000115110,default,pd.html?cgid=