Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mateo107

Warner Archives Discussion

If you type in OUR GANG it will lead to the title, but when you press further info it says no information. As usual that site is whacked out. I have not checked on the Joe McDoakes, but then I hate that series, its so over the top. I doubt if these will disappear fast. I'd like more info on the OUR GANG before I order. And the site needs to get their act together.

I figure they made a mistake on pricing and that it will be more when officially on the site, so for the 6 DVDs I wanted to get in on the $19.95 price. That one is still up, by the way. But I am not a fan of Our Gang, so passed on it. I am glad to have gotten my order in on the McDoakes collection.

> {quote:title=Edgecliff wrote:}{quote}

> If you type in OUR GANG it will lead to the title, but when you press further info it says no information.

When filmlover posted the link earlier, it was working fine. Right now, the link takes you to a place that says the item can't be found. I'm not so sure I want to buy these at this point. And 60% off their "regular" price doesn't seem so out of the ordinary, at least to me.

Its the daffiest website I have ever encountered. I sure the title will be available for some time, As for the pricing, sounds too good to be true for 5 discs. There are not a lot of titles I want from the site and many of the ones that have been added recently I have no interest in at all. It is surprising what titles people are interested in. Personally its only the classics that are for me. Still waiting patiently for Women of Warner Bros set.

I hadn't signed on to the Warner Archives yet, but did tonight, just to order the Joe McDoakes set while it was at this low price. That seems incredible that all 63 of the shorts are included. And at such a reasonable price. Could there be a possibility that there's an error in the description or the price? I hope that those who have pre-ordered it will be assured of getting it.

Since I just signed up, I'm not sure how it all works, but on the site it said the McDoakes set should arrive as early as the 24th. I entered all the shipping info, and already paid, so I guess I just wait for it to show up.

Was that correct that the description for the Our Gang set was 1938 to 1942? That series ran until 1944. Wonder why they would not have included the last two years of the series.

Looks like the OUR GANG collection is back on pre-order. Also, all the Value Packs seemed to have disappeared. Would hope the site will be adding more Packs shortly.

Yes, but I think they should be gone for good and substitute them for all new Value Paks. BTW, OUR GANG is again missing from the pre-orders. Now no pre-orders are listed, but knowing this site tomorrow will be another ball game.

They just added two additional packs to the group: JOAN CRAWFORD COLLECTION, consisting of 6 films including THIS WOMAN IS DANGEROUS and ICE FOLLIES OF 1939. Also a new western collection. Hopefully more are forthcoming.

WB Archive updated their site with 7 New Releases and a pre-order of one new title

One of their new releases is *Suspense* which sounds interesting :)

> {quote:title=TripleHHH wrote:}{quote}

> WB Archive updated their site with 7 New Releases and a pre-order of one new title

> One of their new releases is *Suspense* which sounds interesting :)

Thanks for the update, TripleHHH. One of the "new releases" is the Our Gang set, which we've discussed here for a while now.

In case anyone's interested, the other new titles are: Berlin Express, Highway 301, Lightning Strikes Twice, Pay or Die, Suspense (which you mentioned), The Tall Target and a pre-order for The Deliberate Stranger.

SUSPENSE is a pretty good film noir with Barry Sullivan and former skater Belita. It was a big budget film from 'B' picture studio Monogram. These added titles seem like a combo of film noir and crime drama. Although they interest me I think I will wait to see if they are eventually bundled into a Value Pak.

> {quote:title=HollywoodGolightly wrote:}{quote}

> I see that Our Gang set is back on the pre-order section - this time priced at $34.99!

Which is why I recommended everyone back then to grab this set and the McDoakes when they were fdiddling around setting it up and had it placed temporarily at the $19.95 slot. I knew it was an error (no way they will sell a multi-DVD set for $20) and grabbed the Joe McDoakes set right away and they will honor the price because I placed the order then at that price

Obviously, I can't speak for others here, but to me, it's not something I would want to buy, at $19.99 or $34.99. The same thing goes for the multi-region BD player you recommended the other day - it's not something I want right now, regardless of whether it sells for $50 or $200.

Of course, it's a good thing that you point these deals out, just in case somebody does want them. But I hope you realize not everybody is going to jump at the chance to buy something that's on sale, or mis-priced. ;)

> {quote:title=HollywoodGolightly wrote:}{quote}

> The same thing goes for the multi-region BD player you recommended the other day - it's not something I want right now, regardless of whether it sells for $50 or $200.

You honestly can say you wouldn't pay $50 for a Blu-ray player that plays all world region Blu-rays AND all region DVDs?

> {quote:title=filmlover wrote:}{quote}

> You honestly can say you wouldn't pay $50 for a Blu-ray player that plays all world region Blu-rays AND all region DVDs?

Not at this point. I've way too much stuff already that I haven't watched. Maybe in another year or two, it might come in handy. But not right now.