Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Golden Age Noir (1952-1955) on DVD

dvdbeaver.com is announcing the DVD release of *Golden Age Noir (1952-1955)*, which it says will include 7 half-hour playhouse episodes starring Joanne Woodward, Dick Powell, Lee Marvin, Ida Lupino etc. directed by Blake Edwards, Robert Mulligan, Robert Aldrich etc.

It is already available for pre-order from amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001WB6NKW

• 2 months later...

As most film historians, buffs and fans agree Film Noir ran from 1941 thru 1959. I see Golden Age Noir but not Film in it. Is this something different? The way it's described it sounds like Golden Age of TV Noir with half hour episodes. So that would be a horse of a different color to quote Frank Morgan.

fred,

I haven't even had a chance to open the DVD yet, but from the description on the outside, yes, they're noirs that originally showed on TV, however I thought they were interesting because they star some pretty big stars from the era.

Frankly, I've no idea what to expect, but I see a lot of folks in the westerns section getting very excited sometimes about the DVD release of TV westerns, so I hope that there might be a few noir fans who'll also get excited about this.

Hi Holly,Please don't get me wrong I love the old TV series that starred Stars of the 40's and new comers like Lee Marvin, I remember I loved Dick Powell starring as Dante and Amos Burke in "Burke's Law",Powell's 4 star Playhouse. Ah the excitement of a 12 inch tv black and white, well lets not go overboard, but it was fun watching these great and not so great shows,Ralph Bellemy in "Man Against Crime" among others....