Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If You Could Ask Fred Astaire A Question...

LucyDesiJunieKate

• 2 weeks later...

In the documentary "Astaire and Rogers: Partners in Rhythm" Leslie Caron says that Fred would always come to her dressing room and tell her little gossipy stories about Ginger, Rita Hayqorth, etc. I would ask to hear all of those stories.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree that he should have done more dramatic films, although he did a few and was quite good. An interesting bit of trivia is that he received his only Oscar nomination for a non-musical movie, "The Towering Inferno."

Terrence.

I would just like to get his take on the incident involving Debbie Reynolds in "Singin' In The Rain" and how he helped her learn the steps for "Good Mornin' ". It was really kind of him to take sympathy on the young actress.

I guess my question to Fred Astaire would be how much of the plot of "Bandwagon" was based on his own life. I've heard that there were similarities. Also, I'm curious if anyone else has heard a rumor that he really didn't enjoy dancing with Cyd Charisse because he felt that she was so good that she tended to outshine him. Just wondering.

Terrence.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived