Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

Trump & Manafort trial....

Lone holdout on Manafort jury blocked conviction on all counts, juror says
A juror in the trial of President Trump’s former campaign chairman said she and most of her peers wanted to convict him on every charge — though she criticized special counsel prosecutors and said she believed their true motive was to “get the dirt on Trump.”
By Matt Zapotosky  •  Read more »
  9561680ed0b0470c488869ea9512e664-320-0-70-8-OXZ5TEVGMII6RJSWSQ7O7K25V4.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

Lone holdout on Manafort jury blocked conviction on all counts, juror says
A juror in the trial of President Trump’s former campaign chairman said she and most of her peers wanted to convict him on every charge — though she criticized special counsel prosecutors and said she believed their true motive was to “get the dirt on Trump.”
By Matt Zapotosky  •  Read more »
  9561680ed0b0470c488869ea9512e664-320-0-70-8-OXZ5TEVGMII6RJSWSQ7O7K25V4.jpg

They should retry Manafort on the 10 remaining counts but with more professional \ savvy prosecutors.  

Once Manafort knows that only one juror held out he might just cave and accept a plea on the other 10 counts.

Just now, jamesjazzguitar said:

They should retry Manafort on the 10 remaining counts but with more professional \ savvy prosecutors.  

Once Manafort knows that only one juror held out he might just cave and accept a plea on the other 10 counts.

I think they have to say they will retry him on the 10 counts after his other trial concludes.  And this is the reason:  If they say oh hell, these 10 counts don't matter because we have him on 8 others what kind of message is that to the jurors in his next trial?  It doesn't really matter if we can't agree or even acquit Manafort because the prosecutors don't seem to care one way or the other anyway.  So for entirely different reasons they should file to retry him on the 10 counts and they can always drop it later or Manafort may even be ready to sing by then.

Sounds like there was one juror who wasn't going to vote guilty on those ten

counts no matter what the prosecution did. Since it was that close to a guilty

verdict might as well retry the sorry bastard. 

1 hour ago, Vautrin said:

Sounds like there was one juror who wasn't going to vote guilty on those ten

counts no matter what the prosecution did. Since it was that close to a guilty

verdict might as well retry the sorry bastard. 

I heard Manafort is already scheduled for another criminal trial in the coming months. Do you know what he's going to be tried for this time?

On 8/21/2018 at 6:24 PM, mr6666 said:

Zephyr TeachoutVerified account @ZephyrTeachout 2h2 hours ago

If Donald Trump pardons Manafort, the federal pardon would not cover state crimes.

As AG of New York, I will investigate and pursue any state law violations to be ready for Trump trying to protect himself with a pardon.

We have to be totally clear that no one is above the law.

Manafort and trump don't have to worry because they can always ask the governor of New York for a pardon.

Oops, that's Andrew Cuomo isn't it. I guess that's not a good plan. LOL

5 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I heard Manafort is already scheduled for another criminal trial in the coming months. Do you know what he's going to be tried for this time?

I can't recall offhand. I'm sure the details are on the net. I believe it starts in September.

It's nice to see a long time fraud like Manafort finally get his just desserts. 

I guess Cuomo will tell Trump and Manafort that they were never really that great and

won't be getting a pardon.

schtootzes like tapper, Cuomo, lemon and cooper stand revealed for what they are...

white middle America-hating liberals hiding behind their profession to lend them a soapbox and legitimacy.

26 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

schtootzes like tapper, Cuomo, lemon and cooper stand revealed for what they are...

white middle America-hating liberals hiding behind their profession to lend them a soapbox and legitimacy.

And that you spend all your time watching. Who's the "schtootz", exactly?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

I suppose somebody better break it to Don Lemon that he is white.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Paul Manafort’s trial in D.C. federal court delayed until Sept. 24
A judge on Tuesday pushed back Manafort’s trial on alleged tax and lobbying abuses.
By Spencer Hsu  •  Read more »
  c94fbad0c59a1c4f1c832ce8e6e2efe8-320-0-70-8-QPDMCTVKGQI6RKGXB5R2XCYTOA.jpg

There was the report that Manafort was trying to make a plea deal but that the two sides couldn't agree on the conditions \ terms.

So maybe the judge is delaying the trial so the two parties can come to terms.   (which likely wouldn't be good for Donny).

• Thanks 1

e5354306ed04411e0b3fa179da9349a0-600-0-70-8-V5ZXCCFYMEI6RLSPFQKDTSLNPE.jpg
The Fix •  Perspective
I was a prosecutor. Here’s what stands out to me about Manafort’s deal with Mueller.
What Paul Manafort gains — and loses — from a cooperation deal with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III.
By Deanna Paul  •  Read more »
Analysis
Robert Mueller may have just eliminated one of Trump’s biggest complaints
Trump likes to complain about the cost of the Mueller probe. It might just have nearly paid for itself.
By Philip Bump  •  Read more »
  d24e7727c9c0f7b08c0391cdc7d7c901-320-0-70-8-C4HY5WVMVQI6RGT5ZUYFAT7ZAI.jpg

Manafort will cooperate with Mueller as part of guilty plea, prosecutor says
The plea from President Trump’s former campaign chairman gives the special counsel a key potential witness in the ongoing probe of the Trump campaign.
By Spencer Hsu, Devlin Barrett, Justin Jouvenal  • Read more »
  b90d3c3a779932a8853db262f53c51f6-320-0-70-8-AKMJVWVV2II6RJ5VVWVKLMVFP4.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Paul Manafort "Brazenly" Broke The Law, Special Counsel Says In Sentencing Memo

"Manafort chose repeatedly and knowingly to violate the law— whether the laws proscribed garden-variety crimes such as tax fraud, money laundering, obstruction of justice, and bank fraud, or more esoteric laws that he nevertheless was intimately familiar with, such as the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA)," they wrote in the filing.

Manafort shows a "hardened adherence to committing crimes," the memo said.

"His criminal actions were bold, some of which were committed while under a spotlight due to his work as the campaign chairman and, later, while he was on bail from this Court."......

Separately, authorities in New York are preparing charges against Manafort for violating state tax laws and other financial crimes, according to reports by Bloomberg News and The New York Times on Friday.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/23/697391538/paul-manafort-brazenly-broke-the-law-special-counsel-says-in-sentencing-memo?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Thanks 1

Laurence TribeVerified account @tribelaw Mar 7

Judge Ellis’s assessment that Manafort led an “otherwise blameless life” was proof that he’s unfit to serve on the federal bench.

I’ve rarely been more disgusted by a judge’s transparently preferential treatment to a rich white guy who betrayed the law and the nation.

Laurence TribeVerified account @tribelaw Mar 7

.@ngertner called it at the outset. There’s been something squirrelly about Judge Ellis from the outset. He disgraces the ideal of equal justice under law.

• Like 1

NBC Special Report...Manafort sentenced to an additional 3.5 years by Judge Amy Berman Jackson.

36 minutes ago, hamradio said:

NBC Special Report...Manafort sentenced to an additional 3.5 years by Judge Amy Berman Jackson.

Concurrent or consecutive?    If concurrent he didn't get any additional time. 

Thanks