Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Music sets the tone of the movie... How well do you know your movie music?

Name a movie and the composer of the score, then connect the composer to another movie through an actor or character or director or movie plot, etc.

_Example_:

The Green Mile was scored by *Thomas Newman*.

What movie did he score starring Kevin Spacey?

*James Newton Howard* has been nominated for/won awards for music for "Pretty Woman," "Defiance," "Unbreakable," "Michael Clayton," and TV's "ER," to name a few.

He has scored at least three movies starring *Michael Caine*.

Name one.

(hint: he co-wrote two with Hans Zimmer)

But you aren't talking about a film titled *Romeo and Juliet* are you? You're referring to *West Side Story* with music by Leonard Bernstein and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim...

...and the game is to connect Bernstein to another film through an actor or other...

OK -

What Sinatra film did Bernstein work on but was not credited for?

And as for Sondheim, what story did he write with Anthony Perkins that became a film directed by Herbert Ross?

Message was edited by: theladyeve

This is not a category where I have much expertise, but I know that the Film "On The Town" which featured Frank Sinatra, was adapted from a Broadway show with music by Leonard Bernstein. Sondheim and Perkins wrote "The Last Of Sheila", a very entertaining who-dunnit with plot twists galore. Stephen Sondheim also did the music for a film that starred Elizabeth Taylor. What was it?

we must have "cross-posted"... Here's the first question answered.

There are 19 films, including "Slumdog Millionaire" (2008) which have won Oscars for Best Score and Best Song. However, not all were written by the same composer. These scores and songs were.

* *Dimitri Tiomkin* -- "High Noon" (1952) -- best score of a dramatic or comedy picture and "Do Not Forsake Me, Oh My Darlin' " best original song (with Ned Washington)

* *Henry Mancini* -- "Breakfast at Tiffany's" (1961) -- best score of a dramatic or comedy picture and "Moon River" best original song (with Johnny Mercer)

* *Burt Bacharach* -- "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" (1969) -- best original score and "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" best original song (with Hal David)

*John Williams* won an Oscar for *Fiddler* for Best Music, Scoring Adaptation, and Original Song Score, and he was the conductor for the film.

that leads to anther question...

Williams' music dept. for *Fiddler* utilized the talents of another orchestrator (music arranger), a famous composer in his own right. This composer is most noted for this sci-fi theme. Name the composer and the theme.