Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Correct on all counts, lavender, or should I say, Ms. Blue! Robert Cummings was still years away from stardom in such pictures as "Kings Row", "Saboteur", and "Dial M For Murder", as well as his TV series, "Love That Bob". Your turn now.

Thanks Miles

As a little girl I had a big crush on Bob Cummings when he starred in Love That Bob .btw, Lavender is preferred, but Ms. Blue is cute too. (LOL)

This song was composed for a stage musical in the 1920's. It's been recorded by 53 different artists, and has been used in 14 different films. Name the first film the song was in, who sang it in the film and the composer.

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jan 5, 2011 2:27 PM

This is a tap dance guess--not much to go on here.

"Tea for Two" from "No, No Nanette" by Vincent Youmans, Irving Caesar and Otto Harbach.

1930 movie of *No, No Nanette* starred Bernice Claire--so she probably sang "Tea for Two".

All true finance, but because of the category

Movie Music I asked in my question what was the first FILM and who sang it. *The Jazz Singer* and Al Jolson Blue Skies is the song and of course Irving Berlin the songwritercompletes the answer. Thanks for answering and it's your thread.,

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jan 6, 2011 4:35 PM

Big favorite of mine, too--Loved his music AND I also was supposed to be a lookalike. Two songs which should have been nominated were 'Here I Am" from PUSSYCAT and the title song to THE APRIL FOOLS

Edited by: finance on Jan 7, 2011 10:20 AM

Agree with you.

An Oscar winning song from a late 60's film was sung by the son of an Oscar winning actor who sang the Oscar winning song from a film released the year before. If you're with me this far ( LOL) name both of them, the song the son sang and the film it came from. Of course for extra credit name the song writers.

Thanks Finance.

This composer has won 5 Oscars for his film scores. He has scored 11 films from a series of films, but did not win any Oscars for those. Too bad, since some especially one theme song is probably best known the world over. Can you name him and that much loved, much hummed (by me-LOL) song?

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Jan 9, 2011 2:45 PM

I?m thinking it?s John Barry?he scored Bond films?and he also wrote the score for *Somewhere in Time* - which might be the one you hum?or possibly *Born Free*?*Out of Africa* - ? Personally, I think his work on *Body Heat* was marvelous, too!