Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie Music

sellyoulloyd

phroso, you are on the right track, but remember I said that a BALLAD replaced a BALLAD. Sinatra later did a much-played recording of the ballad that was replaced

Edited by: finance on Jun 9, 2010 10:47 AM

Edited by: finance on Jun 9, 2010 3:31 PM

In the stage version of "Guys And Dolls" there is a ballad called "My Time Of Day" which leads into another, better known, song called "I've Never Been In Love Before". In the movie version, both of these tunes are only used as background music. A new song called "Adelaide" was added. Frank Sinatra, as Nathan Detroit, sings it in a bar.

"Some songs appear in different order than the original Broadway and subsequent versions, and some songs--"Near to You," "The Game," "A Man Doesn't Know," "Heart (Reprise)"--were cut entirely, which left Tab Hunter with very few songs. "There's Something About An Empty Chair" was not in the original stage version or in any stage versions since."

Just so you know there's more than one answer to your question...This is an item about the movie version of "Damn Yankees"..

Shirley Temple sang a song in a movie that was also sung by a woman in the same film. However, Shirley's lyrics were different from the woman's. Shirley's were more suitable for a little girl. What was the song? What was the title of the movie, and who was the woman? I won't wait for you to ask for another clue. I'll give it right now. The woman's real life husband also sang in the movie, although they had no scenes together.

Well, you've got the right movie and actress. The song that I had in mind was "When I'm With You", which became a popular song of that time. I'll trust you on that spinach song. Tony Martin had a brief role as a radio singer. Shirley's last name in the movie was Barry. Her widowed father ran a soap company which sponsored a radio show. Tony Martin was one of the "Barry Baritones". Your thread, Mr. Sixes.

" I am the _____ __, the ____ __, I come when shadows creep;

With the _____ song, I move along, and put poor people to sleep..."

Questions: (1) What character is singing? (2) What's the title of the movie?

(3) Which comedian's voice did they use for the song ?

" I am the _____ man, the ____ man, I come when shadows creep;

With the _____ song, I move along, and put poor people to sleep..."

Questions: (1) What character is singing? (2) What's the title of the movie?

(3) Which comedian's voice did they use for the song ?

First clues: -- Color musical from 1958...

Additional clues:

In addition to being a combination of live action and animation, the film also features two first rate comedians. However, the comedian singing (voice) is never seen in the movie.. . and this song is one of the highlights....(I can't believe nobody has guessed this yet.)

You got it...George Pal was one of the pioneers of stop motion animation known as Puppetoons and one of the persons from whom Ray Harryhausen learned his craft. "Gumby" is an example...Because of this movie, the studio had him do "The Time Machine"...Peter Sellers and Terry Thomas were great as the villains...

Your thread, 6....

I haven't seen the movie, but I saw a stage play years ago and I was struck by how some of the bars of a song, "Benjamin's Calypso", sounded like Harry Belafonte's "Island In The Sun"....Anyway, I like John Lennon better than Lloyd Webber. Just listen to John singing "Imagine" in a quiet room and you'll see what I mean....I'll post a question, I just have to get my clues right...

An Oscar-winning composer wrote the score to a war movie that was released in 1952. The movie itself was not very impressive, but the lovely melody (which you can hear on You Tube) was transformed later into a beautiful ballad, sung by Joni James (the only vocal version that I know of..)...and it's not "When I Fall In Love'...Here's a sample of the lyrics:

"....Every time I pray, I pray we'll never part;

Everything I say, I say with all my heart.

I bring no moon, no stars to you;

It's only love I bring in everything I do..."

Questions: (1) Who was the award-winning composer ? (2) What was the name of the movie ? (3) What Is the title of the song ?...

More Clues:-- The composer referred to holds the record for the most Oscar nominations. He finally won the Oscar on his 22nd nomination, but unfortunately passed away before the awards...just like Peter Finch. It's probably not an exaggeration to say that he has more melodies adapted into popular ballads than any other composer...

Archived