Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TikiSoo

You Share A Famous Movie Name?

Or do you KNOW anyone who shares the same name with someone in the credits?

I'll start:

My name is Susan [Germain] and share the name with a famous movie hairsylist. There's also a Larry Germain hairstylist, but no Larrys in my family.

It's always a thrill to see her (my) name in the credits, and Faye Dunaway thanked her when she won her oscar! It was freaky to hear MY name on the Oscars!

I also know a Mary Martin and a Bill Bailey, which cracks me up every time I hear it. The joke is largely fogotten, except for us old people.

Anyone else?

I have a brother and a first cousin who are both named Richard Thorpe. It was always interesting to see that name come up in the credits as director. On a slightly different note, I went to school with a Jack Hancock, but I don't know if that was a nickname for John. But the strange thing was that a year behind us was a Ben Franklin and a year behind him was a Patrick Henry. I never checked if there were any younger Adamses or Jeffersons. I did work with a Glenn Miller before, but he never seemed in the mood.

My mom's maiden name is Hudson, so in jr high she would say that Rock Hudson was her uncle.

My old landlord was named Fred Quimby (of classic animation), and a guy at my church was named Chuck Jones (more animation)! Isn't that funny?

Let's see...my family shared Donna and Oliver Reed's last name

When I was married, shared a last name with Maria and Romy Schneider

When I was a kid, there was a boy two houses away named Barry Fitzgerald and a little further down the street was a girl named Kathy Nolan. I know two sisters whose maiden names were Bette Davis and Joan Davis, with Bette spelled just like the actress. In high school, my brother played baseball against a shool from a neighboring town whose star player was named Calvin Coolidge. This same brother once dated a girl named Barb Wire.

*One of my classmates was John Ford, who had an older brother, Glenn. I was named after Jeanette McDonald, if that counts for anything?? :=)*