Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bulldogcafe1

Hitchcock Again?

How about spicing it up with your favorite Hitchcock? Had to look at Mr. and Mrs. Smith last night just to compare it with the remake with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Forgot what a gas it is! I'm sure everyone can reveal a favorite Hitchcock again....

Funny trivia from IMDB

During filming, several of the crew complained that Tallulah Bankhead was not wearing underwear. This was apparent to them when she climbed in and out of the lifeboat. When told of the situation, director 'Hitchcock, Alfred' replied "I don't know if this is a matter for the costume department or the hairdresser."

My favorite Hitchcock? Got to be NORTH BY NORTHWEST. It's sexy, action packed, funny, and has great photography.

One of the highlights of visiting Mt. Rushmore a few years ago, was to stand in that cafe area where one of the murders occurs. It was like, "Cool! Cary Grant was here," and my family just rolled their eyes!

Favorite Hitchcocks? Probably Rebecca and especially Rear Window. I love the large set in Rear Window depicting the hive-like apartment building and the film also includes the usual wonderfully endearing performance by Thelma Ritter the Great.

For "different" Hitchcock's I prefer Rich and Strange(1932) and The Trouble with Harry(1955), neither of which have alot of tension or suspense, but are rich in detail and nuance. The first film is a very gentle tale about two young marrieds swept away on a world cruise and the latter has the beauty of New England in the Fall, great character actors such as Edmund Gwenn and Mildred Natwick and more, and a lovely Bernard Herrmann score.

My favorite is "Vertigo" but "Notorious" and "Rebecca" are close runners up.

BTW it's great to see you back on the boards Alix1929!

Before AMC went to the dogs they did have a pretty good thing going with their weekly Sunday night Hitchcock movie presented by Sharon Stone (who actually did a good job as a host). I would love to see TCM have something like this once a week for Hitchcock. Maybe it can take the place of The Essentials or something. I mean these new crop of Essentials are less than spectactular (Red Badge of Courage, Tootsie), and how many times around is it for Casablanca, and Citizen Kane anyway.

Forgot to mention my favorite is Vertigo. Followed by The 39 Steps, and Rear Window. The thing with Rear Window (for me) it doesn't have a rewatchabilty aspect. If I watch it, I don't want to watch it again anytime soon.

Rebecca is the one that I look forward to seeing at least once a year. I need more time to watch more film but alas

I have kids to feed. more than once a year are few and far between. that is reserved for Casablanca,Now,Voyager

and All about eve

Did anyone like The Lady Vanishes??? I liked the plot

but acting was a little dry.

Eddie

Foreign Correspondent

always makes me laugh. Even though it's an important film. Rebecca and Spellbound are also favorites of mine. I like the deep involvement and psychology behind the films.