Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I stumbled across TCM UK & see this movie is playing this week. This movie hasn't been shown for years. I seem to recall that Peter O' Toole plays a total stumble-bum that is subjected to a tickling torture by Jeanne Moreau after he accidently shoots her in the rear end. Does anyone recall this? This title does not appear to be on dvd. If it is now being shown will that now lead to it being available?

> {quote:title=sleezybugger wrote:}{quote}

> I stumbled across TCM UK & see this movie is playing this week. This movie hasn't been shown for years. I seem to recall that Peter O' Toole plays a total stumble-bum that is subjected to a tickling torture by Jeanne Moreau after he accidently shoots her in the rear end. Does anyone recall this? This title does not appear to be on dvd. If it is now being shown will that now lead to it being available?

Yes, it's a not terribly good fish-out-of-water comedy in which, as I recall, O'Toole plays a down-on-his luck mercenary English general who signs on to command the armies of Tsarina Catherine the Great (Moreau), only to discover that Mother Russia, especially in the hands of Catherine's lunatic prime minister (Zero Mostel), is no place for a sane Englishman.

Still, as you say, it hasn't been seen in a long time (it used to play on late-night TV in New York about thirty years ago), and I'd like to catch it again, too.