Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE PERRY KING APPRECIATION THREAD


Hibi
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Hibi said:

Is this show out on DVD? What exactly is the plot scheme each week?

Yeah, it's on DVD. I bought the first season at a local flea market a few years ago. The first season is available cheap. The other two are more expensive, as is the complete series box set.

515WbZLJCWL.jpg

Perry King, Joe Penny and Thom Bray are private detectives. The show's unique points were that it often took place on the water or the air, as the lead characters owned boats and a junky old helicopter. Bray's character was also a mechanical genius, and he had his own robot, as seen in the intro.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Yeah, it's on DVD. I bought the first season at a local flea market a few years ago. The first season is available cheap. The other two are more expensive, as is the complete series box set.

515WbZLJCWL.jpg

Perry King, Joe Penny and Thom Bray are private detectives. The show's unique points were that it often took place on the water or the air, as the lead characters owned boats and a junky old helicopter. Bray's character was also a mechanical genius, and he had his own robot, as seen in the intro.

 

Thanks! LOL. So are there a lot of bathing suit scenes? Didnt realize the show was on 3 seasons. Sorry, now, I missed it! :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Hibi said:

Thanks! LOL. So are there a lot of bathing suit scenes? Didnt realize the show was on 3 seasons. Sorry, now, I missed it! 

I don't think it was three full seasons. More like two and a half seasons. If you like action shows from the 80s, you'll enjoy Riptide. It was pretty "light" in tone. Not as violent or gritty as HunterMiami Vice or WiseGuy, crime dramas that came along later in the decade.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Hibi said:

image.png.8716663502bb25bbeb27b3ec375b87ce.png

 

I remember this magazine. Wonder whatever happened to it?

"After Dark" had a glorious first run - and then ceased publication.

It was primarily targeted to young gay men.

Later, it came back - but its' glory days were gone - and eventually it disappeared.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, rayban said:

"After Dark" had a glorious first run - and then ceased publication.

It was primarily targeted to young gay men.

Later, it came back - but its' glory days were gone - and eventually it disappeared.

I never realized it came back. I remember it well back in the 70s/80s. Artsy/photography type magazine with interviews...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

© 2022 Turner Classic Movies Inc. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...