Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

George who? Help me with an actor's name.

It's been driving me nuts this afternoon trying to think of this actor's name. I'm afraid I can give you very little to go on except he was a frequent co-star on The Loretta Young show, very handsome, and always good. He was in a fair amount of movies as well, starred in some B pictures.

His first name, George, finally popped into my head a few minutes ago but his last name is still eludes me. Anybody?

If it wasn't George Nader ("Bride of the Gorilla"??) it should be. He was a hunk...tanned, hairy chest, kind of wooden but who cared. He was gorgeous. He was with Esther Williams in "The Reckless Moment" I believe. And his nephew (Michael?) was in "Dynasty."

Thanks you guys! That's it!

I was trying to remember a movie that he actually starred in called Nowhere to Go. I couldn't remember his name, couldn't remember the name of the movie, couldn't remember one of his co-stars who happened to be early Maggie Smith! Just blanked out.

I saw the movie on TCM some years ago on a Sunday night. It was a British film and TCM considered it, at that time, a "foreign" movie. It's on my movie wish list.

Yes he was very good looking and had a nice speaking voice, manly like Bill Holden.

PS What do you do in a case like that? I googled The Loretta Young Show, even "male co-stars on The Loretta Young Show." Since I had no clue as to his name I had "Nowhere to Go." Sorry, groaning pun...

When the name "George" finally bubbled up I knew I could count on you to come up with who it was.

Hi Poinciana,

*What do you do in a case like that?*

This happens to me sometimes. I just can't remember someone's name but I know they were in a certain show. The first thing I do is go to the Internet Movie Database and look up the show by title and scroll through the cast listings. That usually works. :)

http://www.imdb.com/