Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

two westerns with eli wallach - thrusday the 9th

just a quick reminder, there are two westerns with eli wallach scheduled for thursday, the 9th, starting at 8pm eastrhn, 'the good the bad and the ugly' and 'how the west was won', both are terrific and have awesome musical themes.

how_the_west_was_won_poster.jpg

I'm definitely going to record both of these. I hope that the play the new version of How The West Was Won because it really enhances the experience with the new remaster. I wonder if they could possibly play the smile box version of How The West Was Won but I would definitely be satisfied with the new version no matter the aspect ratio. I think this is the first time TCM has played both in about a couple of years. I think the last time I saw How The West Was Won on TCM was in early 2007 and I can't remember the last time on saw The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly on TCM but it has been on a lot recently on AMC.

For anyone who is interested The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly was not the new special edition but was the 161 min version. The added footage is not as important as the added footage to The Alamo. There was about 14 minutes added to the special edition that mostly showed the gloomy aspects of the Civil War. All the edition scenes were re-dubbed in 2003 because there was no sound left existing for those scenes. TCM did play the newly restored version of How The West Was Won that recently came out at the end of last year on DVD. They did not play the smile box version but it was the widescreen version that came out last year on standard dvd.

I believe that it is coming out on Blu-Ray some time this year and the special edition is available on DVD, so it not hard to find the special edition. My local library actually has the special edition DVD so it is not very hard for me to see the special edition.

I actually bought the Sergio Leone boxset a while back, not long after it first came out. But I suppose it's just a matter of time till I upgrade to BD, it just depends on how long it takes them to re-release all of those westerns. :)

> {quote:title=JoeBond wrote:}{quote}

> Unfortunately, I missed out on the opportunity to see it in the theater but I wish I did because it would probably be a memorable experience.

If you live near a theater that does revivals, you may still have a chance at some point, it's probably one of the most popular repertory titles they can book.

I don't believe there are any revival theaters near where I live. However there is an art house theater but to my knowledge they only play classic movies at midnight. I believe one time they played Jaws at midnight.

> {quote:title=JoeBond wrote:}{quote}

> I don't believe there are any revival theaters near where I live. However there is an art house theater but to my knowledge they only play classic movies at midnight. I believe one time they played Jaws at midnight.

i dunno i guess 'the good the bad and the ugly' would be a pretty good movie to watch at a midnight show, although you wouldnt get out until 3am, but you can take a good siesta in the afternoon before you go and you wont be tired during the movie. B-)