Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

AMC Unveils 'BMC', A New Online Destination Streaming Classic B-Movies

*AMC Unveils 'BMC', A New Online Destination Streaming Classic B-Movies*

April 8th, 2009

Star Pulse

AMC brings film fans a new online destination for B-Movie classics with the launch of BMC (for "B Movie Classics"), a go-to website for films from the "Golden Age of Hollywood."

BMC's online movie collection - part of the network's extensive library of iconic films - is unprecedented in size and scope for the website and features a diverse selection of genres from action/adventure and comedy, to sci-fi/fantasy and horror. Now live at www.amctv.com/b-movies, fans can stream all 27 B-Movies in full-screen, with more titles to be added in the coming months.

*The complete BMC film line-up includes the following 27 titles:*

Assassination In Rome (1965)

Asylum (1972)

Carnival Of Souls (1962)

College Girl Murders (1968)

Corridors Of Blood (1959)

Creation Of The Humanoids (1962)

Dark Star (1974)

Dragstrip Girl (1957)

Dynamite Joe (1968)

The Hellfire Club (1960)

Hercules Unchained (1959)

The Horror Of Party Beach (1965)

How To Make A Monster (1958)

Invasion Of The Neptune Men (1961)

Motorcycle Gang (1957)

Planet On The Prowl (1966)

Reform School Girl (1957)

Rock All Night (1957)

The Ruthless Four (1968)

Saga Of The Viking Women (1957)

Shake Rattle & Rock (1956)

A Swingin' Summer (1965)

Teenage Caveman (1958)

Terror Beneath The Sea (1966)

War Of The Colossal Beast (1958)

What A Carve Up (1962)

Suicide Battalion (1958)

darkstar.jpg

UGH.

AMC -- uh, does that still stand for AMERICAN MOVIE CLASSICS???? (Ha) -- is now dipping deep into the public domain well to offer you online streams of TWENTY SEVEN public domain films.

Remember once upon a time, before TCM existed, that AMC was the gatekeeper for classic movies without commercials. And now...UGH. Nowadays: *Rambo II* with 80 commercials, anyone?

My friends, if you mysteriously think that AMC's (haha BMC's) offer to show you 27 public domain movies is exciting, please check out the Prelinger Archives:

http://www.archive.org/details/prelinger

This wonderful site has over 2000 public domain movies absolutely free to download or stream anytime.

Every single title "AMC/BMC" offers, plus _2000_ others.

AMC was my lifeblood to old movies, once upon a time, and I was very saddened by their change over, and I thank my lucky stars for TCM. However, I think AMC's first step to free online B-movies is a good thing going in the right direction. I've said it on more than one occasion on this board, someday all the movies ever made will be available online for free or a fee, and I hope I'm alive to take advantage of it. Just like Napster they'll be at our fingertips 24/7, 365. If the studios who produced these films start now getting ready for such a online option they'd be surprised at how well this format of delivery would be accepted by all movie lovers, young and old. At least I think so. Just look at the bootleg movie sites. And I'd like to add, with TVs becoming more interactive, and the advent of movies on demand, this 'old movie' option may very well show up on the old boob tube as well. :-)

• 2 years later...

Hi guys,

I am here after quite a long time.

Talking about AMC i was also very much used to it but as you were suddened by the changes in it the thing i want to say about it that changes are part of the websites and other things related to it world. I was also bit disappointed and became a user of download movies for quite a long time. But i never thought like that. thanks to TCM that i have been able to see this thread and your post. Okay. That's all i have to say.

If the studios who produced these films start now getting ready for such a online option they'd be surprised at how well this format of delivery would be accepted by all movie lovers, young and old.

Quite right, [~georgiegirl]

Except, of course, those who will still insist on their DVDs. :):):):):)

Isn't progress grand, [~georgiegirl] [~georgiegirl]

I was just about to post a link to archive.org....what AMC is doing is NOTHING new. There's thousands of public domain movies right there on the archive.org site, as well as other places.

Flop idea...like when AMC tried several years ago releasing DVD's in an AMC line of what were basically public domain movies that ANYONE can release.

The AMC site also has their watermark/bug in the corner of the movies...archive.org does not.

Good luck, because there is also a decrease in the production of CD's...look how many music stores have gone out of business, because so many new releases these days are online-only digital downloads. One day, there will be NO more CD's or possibly even DVD's, because it will all be digital downloading completely to flash drives, etc. CD's are likely to be the first format to go.