Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM already is showing a Jesus movie "The King of Kings" - the 1961 remake of the 1927 silent version which will air after this one on "Silent Sunday Night". (what is entr'acte on the intermission?)

jpdd37.jpg

what is entr'acte on the intermission? - hamradio

"Intermission" is the break placed in the middle of a movie. "Entr'Acte" typically refers to the music that plays during or at the end of an intermission prior to the resumption of the film.

Kyle (Glad I posted a different DeMille *King Of Kings* poster today) In Hollywood

I am watching as I am typing, I never seen that before. It showed "Intermission" first, then that one.

Don't you love Hollywood during the early 1960's. This story is so embellished as well as every cast took a shower every 2 hours and got their hair done. Also the cleanest crucifiction I've seen in a while. No wonder no one knows until the past few years what scourging was.

They must had Tide back in those days.

Exit Music? Yep take your time leaving the theatre, no need to stampede.

*"Thanks, I've never seen that word before. Does any other movie use it?"* - hamradio

Oh, yeah. Especially in musicals that may have had an intermission. I am pretty sure it will be seen in *Funny Girl* when that film is shown during "The Essentials".

And I do believe *Lawrence Of Arabia* may have an "entr'acte" as part of its intermission too.

Just think of "entr'acte" as the "mini-overture" at the start of "act two" of a movie.

Kyle In Hollywood

Hey, did anyone noticed the crucifiction scene in the silent version of "King of Kings"?

One of the condemned men is *TIED* with heavy ropes to the cross, NOT crucified!. What Gives? He'll be up there forever!

I like the 2 strip Technicolor scene, it makes me wonder, why didn't Cecil B. DeMille shoot the *entire* movie with that process. It could have made cinema history.

Message was edited by: hamradio

> {quote:title=hamradio wrote:}{quote}

> One of the condemned men is *TIED* with heavy ropes to the cross, NOT crucified!. What Gives? He'll be up there forever!

> Message was edited by: hamradio

Not really. The real cause of death in crucifixion is suffocation from being suspended from the cross, with the whole weight of the body pulling across and down on the chest. The driving of nails through the wrists and feet is to inflict additional pain, not hasten death. The crucified generally last about three days in such conditions, nails or not.