Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What movie is this picture from?

Kid Dabb

> {quote:title=casablancalover wrote:}{quote}

> You've got me stumped... I should have paid attention to the movies my older brother's were watching (note pretty girl)!

That pretty girl is Arlene Dahl at a point in the movie where she's let her hair down (literally). A very attractive woman.

> {quote:title=doctorxx wrote:}{quote}

> That is Journey to the center of earth with arlene dahl, james mason and pat boone. It was on TCM a few months ago. Pretty good movie.

Got it, doctorxx! This is a good movie and I wish that was a color pic.

Who has the next picture? Or should I?

> {quote:title=CharlieT wrote:}{quote}

> The swashbuckler one is *The Three Musketeers* and that's Gene Kelly getting ready to lay one on June Allyson. I have no clue to the milkman and the giant bug.

Yes. Lucky Gene :)

The milkman is actually a U.S. Navy Lt. Cmdr. trying to knock off the lead character (giant bug) in one of my favorite Hans Conried movies.

> {quote:title=casablancalover wrote:}{quote}

> Too cute, Kid. No hints... I know it is My Man Godfrey. I wish I could be funny like Lombard in that one... She was great.

You know correctly :) Lombard is terrific here - funny too. The way she orchestrates and maneuvers to get her man Godfrey. I really like the ending.

There's at least one thing in this pic that should give it away

o94gvm.jpg

Someone has to know this. TCM just aired it. Aired it. Is that valid terminology these days; I mean, with the impending demise of over the air tv broadcasting? Well, maybe, since radio hasn't thrown in the towel completely at this point. How about *cabled it* or *dished it* ?

Any guesses on the pic?

It *is* Strategic Air Command . Thank you :) Everytime I see this movie I think 'Why didn't Jimmy Stewart make it's prequel as a baseball movie?' It would have been nice to have a great color version of him in another baseball story.