Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Treasure Island

David Guercio

I remember a long time ago when there was this version of Treasure Island on The Wonderful World Of Disney.  That actually took place in Vegas.  It was about a boy named Bobby and his family and they took a trip to Vegas and Bobby gets kidnapped by Long John Silver and his band of Pirates and they have an elevater that actually leads to the Treasure and the message is.  The real treasure is in your imagination.  I think it might be the one from 1990.  With Charlton Heston as Long John Silver.  But I,m not sure.  I have been trying to find this for a long time.  So if anyone knows the version I,m talking about?  Let me know.  Thank you so much for your help.  I really appreciate it.

1 minute ago, David Guercio said:

I remember a long time ago when there was this version of Treasure Island on The Wonderful World Of Disney.  That actually took place in Vegas.  It was about a boy named Bobby and his family and they took a trip to Vegas and Bobby gets kidnapped by Long John Silver and his band of Pirates and they have an elevater that actually leads to the Treasure and the message is.  The real treasure is in your imagination.  I think it might be the one from 1990.  With Charlton Heston as Long John Silver.  But I,m not sure.  I have been trying to find this for a long time.  So if anyone knows the version I,m talking about?  Let me know.  Thank you so much for your help.  I really appreciate it.

It's not the one with Charlton Heston. That one was a straight adaptation. 

8 hours ago, Swithin said:

I want to know what Dargo was doing with the cabana boy!

LOL

Actually Swithin, the implication with my above punchline was supposed to be that while I swam in the hotel pool, the cabana boy stole my shirt off the lounge chair I was sitting in.

However, I can certainly see where I left the door open for where you went here. ;)

(...and in fact, I had a feeling with how I worded that punchline, somebody would likely go where you went here)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dargo said:

LOL

Actually Swithin, the implication with my above punchline was supposed to be that while I swam in the hotel pool, the cabana boy stole my shirt off the lounge chair I was sitting in.

However, I can certainly see where I left the door open for where you went here. ;)

(...and in fact, I had a feeling with how I worded that punchline, somebody would likely go where you went here)

It's too late, Dargo. The rumours about you are flying!

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2018 at 2:50 PM, David Guercio said:

I saw a movie kind of like that, but it was on regular television. It had this lady named Anita who lived in DC I think. She was not kidnapped and taken on a boat, but her boss, named Clarence something did like to make her watch things about pirates, with names like Long Fong Silver or whatever, and there was no treasure but I think she would get Coke cans if she behaved properly. I've seen repeats of it on PBS and C-Span occasionally. You might even enjoy it more than the Vegas version.

11 hours ago, Dargo said:

LOL

Did that happen at the Copacabana, Dargo?

The old, "swimming in the hotel pool" story, eh?

I hope it all ended copacetically.

What,s that one called?  What year did it originally air and what channel was it on and also now that I think about it.  In the Vegas version from 1994.  The son Robbie was either kidnapped by Long John Silver and his band of Pirates or he just wanted to join them and be a Pirate.

11 minutes ago, David Guercio said:

What,s that one called?  What year did it originally air and what channel was it on and also now that I think about it.  In the Vegas version from 1994.  The son Robbie was either kidnapped by Long John Silver and his band of Pirates or he just wanted to join them and be a Pirate.

WAIT! Did you just say the kid's name was "Robbie" in that thing, Dave???

WOW! What a coincidence!

I think that cabana boy who stole my shirt was named "Robbie" TOO!!!

(...you don't think it could've been the same kid, do ya?!)

;)

I don,t know and of course in the movie.  Robbie is a good kid and I was right.  He doesn’t get kidnapped by the Pirates.  Long John Silver gives him a treasure map and they team up and search for the treasure together.  I just watched it and relived it last night.  Really great movie.  If you have never seen this version?  You could type it in on YouTube and experience it for yourself.  Remember.  It,s called Treasure Island The Adventure Begins and it,s from 1994.  Enjoy.  I hope you like it.

45 minutes ago, David Guercio said:

I don,t know and of course in the movie.  Robbie is a good kid and I was right.  He doesn’t get kidnapped by the Pirates.  Long John Silver gives him a treasure map and they team up and search for the treasure together.  I just watched it and relived it last night.  Really great movie.  If you have never seen this version?  You could type it in on YouTube and experience it for yourself.  Remember.  It,s called Treasure Island The Adventure Begins and it,s from 1994.  Enjoy.  I hope you like it.

Yeah, well, I'll betcha they cut out the scene where this so-called "good kid" steals my freakin' shirt off that lounge chair, huh David! 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings