Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Song of the South

> {quote:title=LonesomePolecat wrote:}{quote}

> well thanks for that information---that's terribly interesting. so Sunflower wouldn't be on the old VHS then? because now I'm interested.

>

To the best of my knowledge, Disney's self-censorship affects pretty much every VHS and DVD in the U.S. (or lack of a DVD, in the case of Song of the South ).

There are a few Japanese laserdiscs that were issued years ago and escaped the censorship, but they're very rare and sell for $100s of dollars in the online auction sites.

But luckily, much of the censored material can be found on YouTube.

*well thanks for that information---that's terribly interesting. so Sunflower wouldn't be on the old VHS then? because now I'm interested.*

As Sunflower was omitted from the film here in the US in 1969, it would depend upon what print was used. For foreign markets, they may not have omitted Sunflower the way they did for US markets.

Not to say there isn't a foreign marketed VHS or laserdisc copy out there with Sunflower......

Edited by: lzcutter on Jan 28, 2010 10:21 PM