Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

can anyone help me with a movie title?

i don't watch many silent films because just like with "talkies" i am selective but i did really enjoy sunrise with janet gaynor and george o'brien. i remember seeing one awhile back that had lillian gish's brother in it so i decided to check it out because i had never seen him and i knew she was good but anyway it had something to do with a girl he liked and a train was in the movie. anyway i was taken aback about how truly natural he acted. just as good as his sister and he was quite charming in it as well. if anyone knows the title i would appreciate it because i would like to see it again on tcm. he and his sister just have those unique faces. i wonder if he did any films with his siter. i know she worked for many many year but i don't know if he had the same kind of longevity. i hope he did for his sake because just from one film he seemed so good. just like with sunrise i like silent films that don't overdo it with expressions to get the point across. he really convey so much with so little. i saw one wild film with monte blue where he was on an island and native people were forced to dive for pearls and he is a doctor. he then goes to another island and falls for a native girl and the pople from the first island-the evil pearl traders -try to corrupt that island but he trys to not let it happen because he saw the corruption first hand. then he dies in the end. i mean talk about a silent film soap opera that was all over the map. there is also one about renee adoree and a guy that likes her but the **** is after him! sorry if i got off on a rant but oh well.

it just dawned on me i meant mary pickfords brother was in the film that i can't think of the title. sorry about that. the more i thought of it lillian gish did not have a brother in acting.

The film with Jack Pickford was EXIT SMILING (1926) Starring Beatrice Lillie. As far I can recall ttat is about the only Jack Pickford film that TCM has ever aired? This was just released by Warner archive last month.

The other film though is WHITE SHADOWS IN THE SOUTH SEAS (1928) with Monte Blue and Raquel Torres. However, Jack Pickford is not in that movie.

> {quote:title=drednm wrote:}{quote}

> TCM has never shown *Brown of Harvard*?

Sadly, they have not. It was available at at one time on VHS through Critc's Choice.

The print they used was quite good. I traded a DVD copy to Jeff a year ago or so.

It seems like the perfect silent film for TCM with the sports theme and all... and of course they could make a big deal about John Wayne being one of the football players. Great performances from William Haines, Mary Brian, and Jack Pickford (who gets top billing).