Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Heinz 57...

CineMaven

Thanx SCSU. I have been wondering all along HOW the heck did Munch predetermine Macauley Culkin's existence years before "Home Alone" was even made.

Was he Nosferatu...Nostradamus...Cosa Nostra..the Loch Ness monster? Sybil the Soothsayer??? Geez!

Oh by the by... Dougie B., sorry for the confusion. Whenever there's anything that I don't understand..."I take it off."

Awwwright people, let's stay on topic here.

Message was edited by CineMaven because I sometimes baffle myself.

> {quote:title=DougieB wrote:}{quote}

> Has anyone seen any good movies?

No, but I've seen plenty of bad ones. You can read my reviews down in the Science Fiction forum. Incidentally, don't let all those comments on my reviews throw you. I wrote them all, under different user names. ;)

I remember when this forum old-timer jokingly mentioned that there were only FOUR real people in the forums. Well, if nothing else, at least the appearances on TCM of the Fan Programmers should put that silly notion to rest, for good. ;)

Dougie,

I really enjoyed all of the ones that the Fan Programmers introduced last night. They were good movies. Hope you enjoyed some of them, too. :)

> {quote:title=ipso_facto wrote:}{quote}

> I remember when this forum old-timer jokingly mentioned that there were only FOUR real people in the forums. Well, if nothing else, at least the appearances on TCM of the Fan Programmers should put that silly notion to rest, for good. ;)

I don't know ... it's amazing what can be done with special effects these days. I'm beginning to wonder if Robert Osborne is even real. Maybe we are all players in a movie, and don't know it. Maybe we're all dreaming and can't wake up. Maybe ---- nah. It is 70 degrees outside today in CT, and I am going to enjoy myself in the yard. Fight nicely, everyone.

Ipso,

Seems to me you are trying to blow smoke into people's eyes...the ones who don't know you, that is.

"It's a good question, and I would wholeheartedly agree that those who were chosen by TCM to represent all of us (TCM viewers) should indeed try to treat us the way they themselves were treated by TCM staff in Atlanta - with courtesy and politeness."

The Fan Programmers who are here on this board welcome good-willed newcomers as friends. It is the troll that gets our disdain.

"(Above all, the TCM fan programmers shouldn't be giving a bad example by trying to settle scores in the forums or by making unsubstantiated accusations against some TCM forum members, or by posting innuendo or spreading gossip via PMs.)

There have been periods of time in the boards when the perception of a lack of responsiveness or involvement on the part of TCM (to moderate the boards and keep things from getting ugly) has been frustrating, to all parties - both long-time users of the boards and those who were relative newcomers.

It is my belief that, sadly, this lack of forum moderation at certain points has led people to, unfortunately, feel that they needed to resort to rather extreme measures, either to vent justifiable frustrations, or perhaps to try to get TCM's attention when they have been unable to get it through more direct means.

I think that in the past, much of this could have been avoided with a little bit more of involvement by TCM staff, because for far too long the board was effectively unmoderated for the most part.

Good people have been deeply hurt and some valuable posters have decided to leave the boards due to some of the conflicts in the boards. This should never have happened. Something should have been done to keep this from happening.

The new TCM forum moderators have taken some very positive steps, and one can only hope their efforts will lead to a much better forum experience for everyone."

Interesting, so many parts of that seem to read that you have been around these boards for some years, yet you registered last month.

You also have repeated many times in the last 24 hours - and above - about a supposed smear campaign being conducted by PMs on these boards. I am a long time poster here, as you very well know, and I am one of the lucky Fan Programmers. I find it interesting that you keep repeating this big lie enough times in hopes that people accept it as truth that they overlook the obvious point..."PM" stands for "PRIVATE Message." How would you know what is or isn't in a Private Message that is not addessed to you...since you can't see them? I think you better offer up some proof on this matter before you try this lie again. TOO MANY NOTES on these boards saying others are conducting a smear campaign will only get you in trouble. It seems the only one involved here in a smear campaign is _you_ against many respected members of the TCM Message Board.

By the way, I noticed in another thread you said, "What you have here, apparently, is an attempt by a small but vocal minority (perhaps no more than 10-15 people) to completely change the policies of the board in such a way as to advance their agenda, which apparently includes restricting the access of people that they don't like, perhaps for personal reasons, but who otherwise want to participate respectfully in the discussions that take place in the forums."

People here, not the troll of many identities, have been asking for the moderators to change the multiple identities not being an offense to it being one. The troll has been creating mass identities here for years and has so multiplied himself or herself in the message boards that one is smothered by him or her wherever one may be.

I have also put forward a suggestion of having a time period from intial membership (say 30 days, but 2 weeks nay be sufficient) before a new poster can creat a new thread. They can post from the moment they register in the many already-created threads, but - like a number of websites I visit - they have a short waiting time before you can create a new thread. This is in pace to avoid hit and run posters who start a flamebait thread and then just sit back to laugh while others fight, and they never post again. It has happened a lot. And it would also be a defense against spammers, like we had yesterday.

Hmmm. "*to completely change the policies of the board..."* How is asking for one or two things to be amended, "_completely changing_" the policies of the board? Do you see a reason for one person to have dozens of screennames? If so, please let us know what it is.

"...to advance their agenda, which apparently includes restricting the access of people that they don't like, perhaps for personal reasons, but who otherwise want to participate respectfully in the discussions that take place in the forums."

Whom have the good members of this board ever tried to restrict? Anyone other than the troll? We don't like the multiple screennames he/she places on the board.

You also posted in that other thread: "And the people who could potentially be affected by changing forum policies to satisfy this vocal minority is in the hundreds or even thousands of present and future TCM viewers who could wind up being "restricted" from joining..."

I'd like to know how having a restriction against multi-identities could affect anyone who isn't using multi-identities? Maybe the "hundreds or even thousands" you are referring to are the number of troll identities that would be affected? How would anyone who comes here just looking to be a part of the community be affected by this? Is there anything you can't say all under one screenname? Do you need to be more than one screenname? Is there a valid reason that you NEED to have dozens, maybe hundreds of other aliases on one board? I think only the troll will feel be panicked by an amendment to the policy because he would/she would have to resort to saying everything under one name, standing up for himself/herself...gasp, being honest for once.

The way the troll is now, though, the person is creating screennames here faster than Fast Eddie can sink pockets. We're facing a rocky road with this troll...but some of us have the experience already. And you know what, ipso, the good people of this board are always here and despite the troll's efforts to destroy this message board many times, the good people of this board - the ones who love TCM and the TCM Message Board - have fought the troll, ipso, many times. And each time we ALWAYS are able to rebuild it so people who love movies can find a great place to talk about the network and about the movies they love. And we share that strength. But the troll, ipso, no matter how many screennames...is always alone.

I'm sorry. Yes, this is serious.

Hopefully you appreciated the "Casablanca" reference. That was a shout-out to your Fan Retrospective - CM.

Message was edited by CineMaven because the barrage of your logic is accurately astounding. My apologies, Sir.