Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest son, jery

The Sexiest!

Guest Chandler, Lorraine

William Holden was brilliant in Sunset Boulevard.His wonderful narr-ation adds a lot to the film-it really draws you into the story.WH was a landmark film for WH-previously he had been cast in films where he played variations of boy-next door roles, but SB was the film which showed what he was capable of as an actor and as a man. WH`s life`s story is very sad- on the surface he seemed to have ever-ything-talent, gorgeous looks and physique, charisma, a good heart, the adoration of both men and women-but underneath he was a deeply troubled man who used alchohol to fight his inner demons. I`m sorry about your uncle- alcohol when it is abused can lead to tragic consequences.It is very hard for me to watch 'The Country Girl"- a WH film which deals which the subject of alcoholism.Bing Crosby`s character is able to conquer his drinking problem-but tragically,Bill Holden`s life did not have a happy ending. Lorraine C.

Guest Jagiello, James

I go with Bogey and Marilyn Monroe!

Guest Lynda

Reaching for the Moon is one of my favorite movies. Fairbanks is so sexy and Bebe, a distant relative of my mother's, by the way, was wonderful! I am a huge Bebe fan and everyone that I play her movies for are very startled to find that we look exactly alike! How cool is that?

Guest Alix

Very Cool! I think she was a tremendous actress, and enjoyed her performance with Doug Sr. She was so cool and calculating, and he so sweet and insecure. And don't you love Edward Everett Horton?? He was an assett to any movie he was in.

Guest son, jery

Lynda, I can't get over the wonderful Bebe Daniels being your relative! I loved her in "42nd Street" but she was really good, too, in "Dixiana." Do you have any stories about Bebe? She probably had lots of juicy gossip about her days as Roaring 20s star in Hollywood!

Guest Thomas, Caroline

I think that Donald O'Connor was no so much sexy, but he was a cutie in his Singin' in the Rain days. And I couldn't believe it when I found out that Gene Kelly was 40 years old in that movie!! He hid his age very well. And Ramon Navarro's a cutie, too!!(or WAS one)

Guest mongo

Hey...whats going on? August 5th. was the 40th anniversary of the death of one of the sexiest stars in Hollywood history MARILYN MONROE! Isn't it surprising that there was hardly any ballyhoo concerning this anniversary? At least I didn't hear or see anything. All I've been seeing and hearing about is the 25th anniversary of the death of Elvis Presley although he deserves the attention. Both stars were legendary and had that sex appeal.

Guest olmsted, l

I know what you mean Mongo. I always make August 5th a silent day for myself. Marilyn is one of my all time favorites. I'm sure if you drove by Westwood Memorial in LA you'd see that she was getting the attention she deserves.

Guest son, jery

I think Ramon Navarro and Francis X. Bushman were two studly looking hunks in l925's "Ben Hur." Bushman could have done without the black lipstick, though. I understand the two were filmed in a Roman bath together--wearing, ahem, nothing but soap bubbles. But, the scene was considered a little too risque even in those olden times. Bushman posed nude for artists well into his movie career since he was considered the 'Adonis of the l900s.' I've seen some of these photos and he was, indeed, heroic in every way.

Guest darylcam

Ava Gardner equals WOW!!! The women in today's movies look like girls,Ava and her kind look like women. Like William Frawley said in an episode of I Love Lucy,"She may be people but she's not like you and me."

Guest finnie12, moira

The Unlikeliest--I guess we all know about the usual suspects, (Gable, Grant, etc.), whose profile and m.o. fit the title "the sexiest", but are there any actors or actresses whose appeal is much more elusive, but have an undeniable, unlikely impact on viewers? For example, I've always, for no discernable reason, found Peter Falk to be very attractive. His roles and presence in such disparate movies as "It's a Mad World", "Pocketful of Miracles", "Castle Keep", the comical "The In-Laws", "A Woman Under the Influence", and more recently, "Wings of Desire", and "Happy New Year" speak to me, (but, oddly, he has zero effect on me as Columbo!) Is there anyone else who fits this admittedly subjective bill for you? Another such actor for me is Claude Rains--that voice, that arrogance, that talent! Maybe it's something about short guys...Go figure!

Guest son, jery

Moira, have you ever had the chance to see the truly sexy Tom Neal in anything? He played the anti-hero in EdgarUlmer's "Detour." I discovered him when watching the l944 Republic serial, "Jungle Girl." Sooooo gorgeous! He had this sweet, baby-face, beautiful bod, but in private life this guy's habits got him into prison for murder and where he was actually murdered himself. There're all kinds of websites devoted to this sizzling anti-hero. His private life was so wild that HOllywood couldn't come up with anything more sensational. In "Jungle Girl" he looked like he wanted to be Clark Gable and had this adorable moustache. He is one of those unsung sexiest Adonises that few people ever think about.

Guest finnie12, moira

Hi Jery, I'd seen "Detour" and found it to be a nifty film noir, made, apparently, for $2.67. I have to admit I knew little about Neal's private troubles and that Mr. Neal's appeal eludes me, but hey, to each his own... On your recommendation, I just did a quick google search of his name, and found some info about his run-in with Franchot Tone (or, as my late, quite funny, sharp-tongued, mother used to say, "the human grasshopper"), as well as an account of Neal's trial for his wife's murder. Yikes, he makes some of the punks enshrined by our present society look like eagle scouts--though I recall some real puppy dog sadness in him that you touched on in your entry above. And what a difference a good twelve step program and a bottle of Prozac might've made! Jery, you seem to be on top of alot of the facts behind the rumors, but according to the Palm Springs Life article found at www.palmspringslife.com/whisper/neal.html, he died of natural causes after his release from prison. Could it be that you know something they don't? I wouldn't be at all surprised, jery!

Guest son, jery

Moira, loved reading your take on the delectable--at least to me--Tom Neal. There is controversy over just how Tom Neal died. He's been reported as having been knifed in prison over a lover's quarrel--and that he died very undramatically of heart congestion after a lifetime of hard living. I want to believe he died as luridly as he lived. He was the lover of badgirl Barbara Payton. Wow, books have been written about this 50s wild gal. She was a lot like Frances Farmer--incredibly self-destructive. Payton was being groomed for a major career by Warner Brothers--but--Babs ended up a prostitute on skid row. When she died, her pimp had beaten her beyond recognition. She had only a broken comb and three cents in her polyester pocketbook from Walgreens.

Guest B, Christina

Well, if weÕre talking pure lusciousness, then IÕd have to say Paul Newman. ItÕs impossible to watch Cat on a Hot Tin Roof or The Long Hot Summer without drooling. And the young Marlon Brando was an Adonis Ð just look at him in A Streetcar Named Desire or The Men. Another actor IÕd have to mention is Montgomery Clift. He wasnÕt exactly sexy Ð his screen presence was too tender and vulnerable for that. But talk about beautiful Ð no wonder the cameras couldnÕt get enough close-ups of him in A Place in the Sun! I read somewhere that young Monty was so beautiful in The Heiress that director William Wyler did not want to get too many close-ups of him for fear of making his detestable character more sympathetic to viewers!

Guest B, Christina

I agree with you on that one, Eva! I love Gene Kelly but don't find him to be especially sexy. But in that costume in "The Pirate," YOWZA!

Guest Blackwell, Jackie

Okay, yes, I have to agree with one of the former statements. And that one being Gene Kelly in The Pirate. That scene where he's in all black (sleeves rolled up) and he's dancing around the donkey, OH MY GOD!! *drools*

Guest lettuce, hedda

I believe someone else has already raved about my favorite movie hunk: the adorable, the gorgeous, the sexy Rod Taylor! I'm sad to say that I came across a picture of Rod taken just a few months ago at a nostalgia gathering in California. He looked like Wallace Beery and Orson Welles. Thank Heavens for movies where we can catch our favorites in their prime!

Guest mongo

A few weeks ago I watched a movie on HBO "Welcome to Woop Woop" and Rod Taylor was in it. I couldn't believe it was him. Your right about our favorites in their prime.

Guest Kilduff, John

My goddess is Kathleen Turner. She is my idea of a dream woman...She's blonde, she has a great body, she has a sexy voice and she can do anything in a movie, from erotic thrillers like "Body Heat" (Kathleen in a white dress...YOWZA!) to silly comedies like "The Man With Two Brains" (She was way sexy and way stylish in that piece) to dark dramas like "Crimes Of Passion" (She plays China Blue, and in her blue dress, she looks like a china doll). She doesn't even have to be on-screen to have her presence felt. I watch "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" and I instantly get excited when she speaks for Jessica Rabbit (Amy Irving, who provides Jessica's singing voice, is quite the looker as well). Currently, she plays Mrs. Robinson in the Broadway version of "The Graduate". If anybody could play Mrs. Robinson, with most certainty, it is the divine, luscious Kathleen Turner. Lordy Mama, she is a Babeus Maximus (my translation: Maximum Babe!). HELLO NURSE! Sincerely, John Kilduff

Guest RetroDame

Handsome Olaf Widgren as the blond doctor in "June Night", which I saw late last Friday night. I love the way he seduced Ingrid Bergman's character who was recovering from her chest wound. Something about Fred MacMurry from 1935-1945. He seemed kinda wholesome, which is a turn-on for me.

Guest son, jery

I've been watching the YOUNG Buddy Ebsen in some of those "Broadway Melody" movies and he was such a sexy kid back in those good ole days! The way he side-glanced Judy Garland and that soft curve of his lips when he smiled made me think he had something going on in that macho mind of his.It's fascinating to watch those young versions of our old favorites who had steady careers on TV. It goes to show they had to have had something going for them other than talent.

Guest Jennings, Toni

I just wanted to correct one item. The roses were sent in April, to commemorate the anniversary of the first day of shooting on "Golden Boy", not her birthday, which is July.

Guest Alix

Jery, I've never seen Buddy in any of his musicals. What studio did he work for? I know he did WIZARD OF OZ for MGM, but was that where he regularly worked??