Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest son, jery

The Sexiest!

Guest DonnieBaseball23

Has anyone mentioned Maureen O'Hara? Shame on you all if she hasn't been! Esmeralda in Hunchback (at only 19!), all those assorted pirate/arabian roles (Black Swan, Sinbad, Spanish Main, Bagdad, Against All Flags), even in Miracle on 34th Street as a NYC professional--an absolutely stunning woman. The flame-red hair, the beautiful face, the alabaster skin, not to mention the accent! And the energy and sparkle she had (and has still)... She's just very sexy in my book.

Guest K, Sandy

I don't think anyone has mentioned the beautiful Miss O'Hara! She certainly is a knockout.

Guest Darlene

Doris Day and Rock Hudson make the most beautiful couple in "Pillow Talk". Doris is so pretty and always wore the most fantastic clothes of any star and Rock certainly was handsome!

Guest Zooty

I agree with Sandy & Darlene! Maureen O'Hara most certainly is a still-going-strong KNOCKOUT! & Doris & Rock sure did make a PERFECT on-screen duo! Doris had one of the best figures in HOLLYWOOD!

The whole diskussion about Clark Gable and his manhood is really entertaining. I was digging in the messages and found this.

As far as I know Carole Lombard never complained about inches but about his skills. He never really had to please a woman because they were pleased already by just being with him...so he never really developed some skills.

I remember hearing that about Gable.

I've always been into Cary Grant, James Dean, & John Garfield (oh so cute!). I was pleasantly surprised to see J.G. as the star of the month for February! :)

I am kinda young but the stars of yester year looked a hell of alot hotter! For me Orson Welles does it, the brains, ego, and damn genius is damn sexy. I also find William Holden sexy his voice and eyes were his best quality and those damn dimples. I do find Halle Berry very much of old Hollywood glamour. The camera adores her and I am not just saying that because I look like her.

Going way back, I thought Lon Chaney Sr. was very attractive, particularly for the depth and sensitivity he brought to his roles (even when playing evil or demented characters). Loved watching Douglas Fairbanks Sr. too for his amazing screen presence and smile. Cary Grant is an obvious choice for his good looks, powerful air of sophistication and subtle wit. Totally irreplaceable. I also felt that Italian actor/director Vittorio de Sica was gorgeous and elegant (and his neo-realist films artistically amazing, inspired and moving, which made him all the more attractive to me). And, yes, Orson Welles' genius, artistic vision, literary sense, other-worldy voice, ego, storytelling ability, bigger-than-life presence all made him incredibly sexy. How could so many, many gifts be bestowed to a single human being? A continuing, scientific puzzle. And who would've believed in Orson as the sexy romantic lead in Jane Eyre (OK, so Joan Fontaine didn't agree with that, but who cares?).

. . and forgot to mention Gary Cooper, and not just for his looks. The way he could draw the viewers in with his face, usually without words. He knew how to communicate to the camera better than almost any other actor. When Frank Capra moved the camera in on Cooper's face, with Coop's eyes silently projecting the innocence of his characters (especially since G.C. was far from that in real life) . . I was completely hooked. Always so charming and likable (no matter how awkward his characters frequently were), it's no wonder Coop enjoyed such a busy love life. He was very sexy in the romantic Peter Ibbetson too (helped out a bit by the film's impressive art direction).

I have to agree with Dayrlcam- Ava was NOT people like you and me.... What an amazing looking woman! I can't believe we belong to the same species. For menfolk I'll go with Robert Montgomery in NIGHT MUST FALL, Cary Grant in almost anything, and Fred MacMurray in his early pre-Disney days. Ever see him in NO TIME FOR LOVE, where he's shirtless for a third of the movie? Who'd have guessed the dad from 'My Three Sons" could ever have been such a glistening slab o' manmeat... And Buster Keaton- I don't think I've seen his name come up in this thread. What an incredibly beautiful face, and body. He was just poetry.

mmhanley, dayrlcam, and others, re: Ava. You have simply got to find a way to visit Smithfield, N.C., outside of Raleigh, N.C. because Smithfield has a beautiful museum devoted to one and only: Ava Gardner! The museum is not large but it's been put together with very loving hands and much love from Ava's relatives, fans and film fanatics. You see key costumes from her film classics, like "The Barefoot Contessa," "Snows of Kilimanjero,", etc. There's her high school yearbook, shoes, regular clothes. Like all the great screen legends, Ava was a TINY woman! Her clothes look like those of a teenage girl. Smithfield, itself, is well worth a visit, too. When I was there at noon last summer, I smelt boiling tea, chocolate pies baking, biscuits fresh from the oven, a whiff of magnolia and gardenia. You feel like you're smack in the middle of Truman Capote and Tennessee Williams country back in the l950s. Wonderful people live there in Smithfield.

Instead of spending an evening "with the boys", I'll be watching the very sexy and beautiful Ava Gardner featured on Lifetime's Intimate Portrait tonight. I caught her again last night in Barefoot Contessa, one of my all time favorites for the pure fact that it stars one of the steamiest couples (who never really get steamy)! Whenever I see the way Rossano Brazzi and Ava look at eachother, I get goosebumps!

lolmstead23, can you fantasize the glorious, gorgeous Ava as Nellie Forbush in "South Pacific", co-starring witht he glorious, gorgeous Rosanna Brazzi? It nearly happened. Ava was a top contender for the role, along with the already mentioned in other folders stars like Doris Day, Jane Powell, Liz Taylor, etc. I nearly faint everytime I see the gorgeous Brazzi sing "Some Enchanted Evening," to the rather bland Mitzi Gaynor. That body language of his! That beautiful face and mouth and--ohhhhhh,I could go could on and on. Brazzi was furious when he discovered his singing voice was being dubbed by orders of producer/director Josh Logan. Brazzi had already pre-recorded all of those tunes. Wouldn't it be great to find these recordings and listen to the sizzling Brazzi sing "This Nearly Was Mine" and all those other tunes?

paty, I would LOVE to hear Rossano sing! It would have been awesome had Ava been given the role of Nellie. Little do people know, but she could sing too. But, Like Rossano, her voice was often dubbed, but only for her MGM films. She did sing all the songs for Showboat, but at the last minute, they brought in someone else to dub. I think she mentioned in her book that her voice is the one on the soundtrack though. And you can hear her real voice in The Killers and other non-MGM movies.

It's definitely true that the current actresses out there can't compare to the ones of yesterday. Be it sex appeal, presence or any other category, they just don't measure up. As far as the sexiest, the glorious Hedy Lamarr tops off my list. Yvonne de Carlo comes in second and I'm surprised that she hasn't been mentioned more.

If you ask me antar I saw some beautiful women at the Oscars' the other night. Diane Lane was a knockout! Also in the groove was Kate Hudson, Susan Sarandon, Julianne Moore, Salma Hayek, Nicole Kidman among others.

Also Renee Zellweger looks like she stepped right out of the 1930's.

Then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Mongo

Right on, Bansi4/Mongo! I was afraid the Oscars would turn into another Mortician's Convention where all the women wore black. Renee Zelwegger was indeed adorable, as was Diane Lane. But what about Sir Sean Connery! Wooo, what a sizzling speciman of virility he's matured into. He might be in his seventies but he exuded more sex appeal than any of those poor little blah boys like the zombie-like Ben Affleck. The so-called **** of the Year, Colin Ferrell looked like an unwashed Jack Terrier pup. We need to find out what happened to Liz! This was to be her swan song. I wish Jennifer Jones and Patricia Neal had a good make-up person to work on their eyebrows. Jen's looked like someone had spooned on the make-up, then used their thumbs to smudge it. Luise Rainer looked adorable! I'll bet she could tell some juicy tales about her battles with Louis B. Mayer!

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned my two favorites:

Bela Lugosi and Vincent Price - Hotties of Horror

:D

I would give my right arm to look like Ava Gardner.

An amputee Ava Gardner? Are you sure that's the look you want, trishy?

Yes, Smithfield, N.C. is a beautiful place, all right. At one time, it was the state headquarters of the Ku Klux Klan. Perhaps that was burning crosses you smelled? Ava got out of there as quick as she could, and never looked back!

I'll correct you on that one Mark--Ava did look back. She revisited her home town several times after she left for Hollywood--even brought Frank back there once!

Hedy Lamarr in Ecstasy, for the obvious reasons! Lupe Velez in Palooka. There is a great scene where her dress keeps falling off! Leni Riefenstahl in The Blue Light.

To nadlato, I attempted to give you some extra-info on your gal Hedy Lamarr! But as I've stated at almost every post, reply & anything in these superb forums, I got blocked-out-(IT OBVIOUSLY JUST WENT INTO "CYBERSPACE!)

It was on your favorite *SPENCER TRACY pictures, but more importanly to you, was the Hedy aspect! You cited: "Boom Town," "I Take This Woman" & "Tortilla Flat" I tried to let you know some trivia on her, but was blocked at every turn? She was beautiful BIG-TIME!!! Anyway, The most sexy-stars? Well I'm not gonna' separate my picks into classic & modern cinema so here goes COOL TOPIC BY THE WAY

Natalie Wood, probably although she reached her peak of beauty around '65's "The Great Race." I vote for her with that white-hat,etc & the entire role of Denee in l96l's "Splendor in the Grass" For which she richly deserved to win the OSCAR for as well!

Grace Kelly-(l929-82)

Michelle Pfeiffer-(l957-)

*ELIZABETH TAYLOR-(l932-) (NOTE: Probably her peak of beauty was circa: l956 & "Giant," to her undeserving OSCAR winning: "Butterfield 8" in l960 & Most of all, I thought LIZ, was most stunningly/hot in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" in '58 as Maggie the Cat!

Garbo-(NOTE: One of the most amazingly photographic faces of all-time!)

(Honorable mention):

*NICOLE KIDMAN-(l967-) Is stunning!!! & I never really cared, nor paid much mind, until '95's "To Die For"

& Meg Ryan-(l961)-(NOTE: More the queen of cute, than beauty. She's gonna' have problems with her career in the future. As she ages & Is not "Sally," anymore?. But that is also a drawback for her, as an actress, in 2 OSCAR caliber roles & Nada a nomination to date? l994's "When a Man Loves a Woman" & '96's "Courage Under Fire" They just don't take her seriously as an actress.)