Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest son, jery

The Sexiest!

She was trying to tell us that her pure beauty, class and elegance didn't make her "sexy" and that she didn't possess some innate "something" that does make someone "sexy". I say those three virtues listed above were more than enough on their own to make her "sexy" and that she did have "something" more in the way she could act. Then, in this thread, she says that there is such a thing as "classy elegance sexiness", kinda inconsistent with her stance in the other thread.

...*If you ask me*...

Well now that I've read what she wrote in her posts on the other thread I totally get your point. For one thing, finding a person "sexy" is a complete matter of opinion! For example I just don't see the attraction with Russell Crowe. He's butt ugly IMO. But hey, if someone thinks he's sexy...thasss cool with me ;)

Hey, Stella, I also find Johnny Depp to be VERY sexy! Even looking greasy and grungy in THE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, I STILL thought he was hot! And one of the most interesting actors out there today.

I fell in love again last night with the ultimate Sex Star of them all: cowboy macho hero Johnny Mack Brown! I've written much too much already about my fixation on this handsome, Southern born Adonis but I caught him in the Abbott and Costello comedy from l942, "Ride'Em Cowboy." When Johnny Mack Brown appeared on the screen, in full cowboy regalia, I nearly fainted. The last time I'd seen that ravishing face and body and smile was when he charmed both Anita Page and Joan Crawford in "Our Dancing Daughters" in l928. And now, here he was once more, a cowboy, looking a million times better! He was much more powerful, rugged and that musical, Southern voice was perfect. To Johnny Mack Brown--may you someday receive your due as Hollywood's Ultimate Male Sex Symbol!Runner-ups would have to be that slugging, macho Apollo, Tom Neal, and serial Pin-Up Boy, Ray "Crash" Corrigan (i.e., "Undersea Kingdom").

patypancake you are a hoot! What a refreshing and comical post. It's just like the old days when we went into discussions about the stars that we admired and the hot-stuff reasons why. Remember when we had a running serial about stars stranded on a tropical island and each of us would continue their adventures and mishaps?

By all means visit the boards more often since laughter is good for the soul.

Long live Johnny Mack Brown!

Mongo

Dale Evans? All I know or seen of Dale Evans was with Roy Rogers. Is there another Dale Evans or did she do films I haven't seen before her Roy Roger stuff. Can you suggest some of her work I may not have seen? I would be greatful - thanks

bggalaxy Dale Evans was quite a dish when she started her career. Cute, blonde and busty she was a radio singer and made about 8 films (one with John Wayne) at RKO before she teamed up with Roy Rogers.

Married most of her life (at age 14) had a child at 15 and when she wed Rogers he was her fourth husband to whom she was wed for 50 years.

Mongo

I think Elvis was one of the sexiest men in history,and Clark Gable,especially as Rhett Butler. Which leads me to Vivien Leigh as one of the sexiest women-but my all-time favorite for sexiest woman is Norma Shearer-that woman could sizzle,and do it with class! Those George Hurrell pictures of her are so steamy,her eyes just melt you from right off the page.And he made her legs look good,even-bedroom eyes,bedroom hair,sleek-as-a-cat sexiness in the photographs,and on the screen in her films-she even made Marie Antoinette appear sexy! Even though I LOVED her in "The Women",until almost the end,her sex appeal was SO wasted in this movie.

One of the sexiest roles I've ever seen is Dennis Quaid's role in The Big Easy - he is dynamite! Which kinda goes against the initial question of why today's stars are not as sexy as yesterday's stars - but it's my opinion. For the most part though, I agree. Quaid still holds his own today as an older and more mature man - I think he's very sexy!

Hands down, Robert Mitchum. A close runner up is Cary Grant. As a matter of fact, if you watch John Cusack films, you can see he was heavily influenced by Mitchum's acting style. Yes, that means Cusack is also on my list.

I never saw the attraction to Clark Gable, handsome certainly, but not sexy.

Clint Eastwood was remarkably sexy in his westerns. I think the man who acts opposite Nicole Kidman in Cold Mountain is simply devine, but I've never taken the time to find out his name.

Actresses, Veronica Lake, Lana Turner, Lauren Bacall, Haley Berry, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Jessica Rabbit. All of them sexy.

'Tis Jude Law. I enjoyed Cold Mountain too - especially Jude Law -but don't find him sexy. Not that I'm challenging your opinion. I have quite different tastes in men I find are sexy. I'm still waiting for someone to comment on my Dennis Quaid post. hehe I don't often find extremely handsome men 'sexy' - what makes a man sexy to me is his individuality - his uniqueness, as it were. Exceptions to this are Errol Flynn and Tyrone Power. And modern day, Brat Pitt, although I know a lot of people here dislike him. But men I find sexy are people like James Cagney, a young Orson Welles, And - Dennis Quaid. And - just to blow your mind, I find Mike Myers - the person, not the characters, very sexy. Too weird? hehe Maybe, but that's my taste.

Runs in the family, too, because my daughter is attracted to Jim Carrey - and Edward G. Robinson. Although she also finds Cary Grant very attractive (as we all do, I'm sure) but it's the 'complete' Grant, not just the gorgeous outside.

I think The Big Easy is one of the sexiest movies I ever seen. I saw it in the theater when I was just a teenager with my mom. She was embarrassed, not a movie to watch with a mom like mine. (You'd have to know her to know what I mean.) Yes, Quaid is certainly a sexy man, but my mom spoiled the moment.

Cary Grant. I'm only 15, but Cary is one of the most influential actors in my career in acting. Plus the fact, that he is outstandingly gorgeous. The man was obsessed with taking care of himself. Gotta love him.

hmmm sexiest huh?? i love this question...i'd have to say paul newman! i need not give any other names because he's THE ONE! even to this day (maybe...well i'm 18 ... but he still looks dang good) :0)

-rose