Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest son, jery

The Sexiest!

Guest Alix

MALE AND FEMALE stars the gorgeous diva Gloria Swanson! Was she included in the cast of our TCM Webpage Movie? If not she needs to be! Maybe she can be a guest star.

Guest son, jery

I think Nazimova would be the best director of them all. She directed several of her own silents like "Salome" and she liked to use lots of near nudity and had an eye for hunky men (like Valentino.)DeMille would just concentrate on the women. I think another good candidate would be Ford Beebe who directed all the Bomba the Jungle Boy movies of the late 40s and early 50s. He certainly knew how to show off that fabulous physique of Johnny Sheffield, who played the adorable Boy in the Tarzan movies. Oh, yes, Gloria would have fitted right in. I can see her and Rockliffe Fellowes hitting it off. But I don't want nobody touching my fabulous Johnny Mack Brown! He's all mine! (Or did he do a Peg Entwistle suicide and jump off--no, not off the Hollywood sign into a bunch of cactus plants--but into the volcano?)

Guest Alix

Better get some tweezers, because if he nosedived off the Hollywood sign into cactus it won't be a pretty sight!

Guest son, jery

Mark Singer is another glorious cutie-poototie who belongs in our hall of Sexiest People. You can see nearly all of the gorgeous Mark as "The Beastmaster," the movie they play around the clock on TBS. For once, Mark wears a loin cloth that shows off his beautiful torso. So many of the muscle man movies have the heroes covered in layers of furs, blankets. To Mark, congratulations on carrying on the grand tradition of being one of Hollywood's most glimmering young gods.

Guest olmsted, l

Did anyone catch Ten Commandments on ABC last night? That movie is full of sexy beasts. I couldn't take my eyes off Charleton Heston, Yul Brenner, and John Derek walking around with out shirts on! YUM! And not to mention those beauties Anne Baxter, Yvonne DeCarlo, and Debra Paget. Hollywood sure had a way of making biblical stories that much more interesting!

Guest pert, ud

Okay, I have a very specific question for people, related to this category. If you were stranded on a deserted island and could spend the rest of your life there with ONE star and ONE star only, who would it be?

Guest son, jery

Ud Pert, you have the best ideas! Okay, with apologizes to my idol, Johnny Mack Brown, I would definitely choose--drum rolls--Tom Neal! I've just become addicted to him after watching this adorable baby-faced hunk in "Jungle Girl," A Republic serial. He's remembered mostly today for "Detour." He had much more going for him than just a muscular, macho manner and torso. He was very complex. He murdered his wife in the 50s, went to prison, was killed by another convict. before that, he was imprisoned for beating up Franchot Tone over a sordid love tryst with Queen of Doom, Barbara Payton. But everyone says Tom had "oodles' of charisma. People couldn't stay away from him.

Guest pert, ud

About the only thing I can remember Tom Neal from (except for "Detour") is one of the old Andy Hardy movies. It sounds like you'll have a handful on that island. I have a feeling you could handle him, though. If he gets tough, conk him with a coconut.

Guest Alix

Wow! When does the ill-fated boat depart?? So many gorgeous men, and only one can be chosen. Several candidates come to mind...David Manners (he is so gorgeous to look at! Definitely eye candy), Clark Gable, James Stewart, James Cagney... I think the winner would be James Stewart. I fell in love with him in THE SHOP AROUND THE CORNER. He was so sweet, so handsome and he won my heart. He's always been a favorite of mine. I also love the scene in WIFE VS. SECRETARY where he plays Jean Harlow's boyfriend, and they share a kiss in the car. And then of course, there's IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. Ah, that "almost kiss!" How romantic. He's probably my choice.

Guest pert, ud

Hey, a lot of people agree with you. I think even Marlene Dietrich had an infatuation with Stewart. I wouldn't want to see him in a leopard-skin bathing suit or anything, but you could probably feel safe with him. (I really like "Wife vs. Secretary," by the way. I think Jimmy and Jean offset Clark and Myrna very well.) Thanks for the feminine opinion. Now, since you picked someone "nice," it emboldens me to make my choice, which would be Ruby Keeler. I can have fun talking about sirens and seductresses, but ultimately my favorites are the innocent types: Ruby, Janet Gaynor, Marian Marsh, Jean Parker, Donna Reed, Mary Pickford, Shirley Jones, Elizabeth Hartman. One of the things I enjoy most about old movies is that they had women of this nature in them. These days, such types are considered "politically incorrect." Thank you, Thomas Edison, for inventing the movies when you did.

Guest olmsted, l

Since this is the SEXIEST board, I'm going to have to go with a man who exudes pure animal sex! My choice for being stuck on a desert island with only one person is Frank Sinatra. There's something about that skinny little man that sends shivers up my spine. Now, if we were going for suave, romantic, smart, charming, funny, and also easy on the eyes, my choice would be Cary Grant. I think he would be a great conversationalist and a wonderful companion.

Guest o, rita

I have to agree with you about Frank. Many women, glamourous, beautiful, sex goddess type women, loved him i.e., Ava Gardner, Lana Turner, Marilyn Monroe, Marlene Dietrich, to name a few. when Ava was filming Mogambo the film's writer expressed what did she see in that skinny 110 lb. twerp. Ava's response was skinny or no at least 100 lbs. was "all d--k! fill in the blanks. Sinatra was purported to be a good lover! The same thing was said about Chaplin. When the notorious golddigger Peggy Hopkins Joyce met Chaplin; she said is it true what they say Charlie that you're hung like a horse! (I hope I didn't offend anyone).

Guest olmsted, l

I read the same thing about Ava's response and thought it was hilarious! That woman was never at a loss for words and had no qualms about offending anyone.

Guest Alix

ud pert, you're definitely correct--you wouldn't want to see Stewart in an animal print bathing suit! I always tend to go for the "safe" guy! Actually, who that I named WOULD look good in that leopard print swimsuit? Hmmm....I'm just not seeing Gable attired like that! I wanted to applaud your mention of Marian Marsh. She just seemed to embody the "virginal" type of the 1930's. The girl next door. I enjoyed her performances in several pre-Code movies where she was being chased after by my favorite MGM letcher-on-staff, Warren William. (HEY--If James Stewart misses the boat for the deserted island, maybe I'll take Warren!)BEAUTY AND THE BOSS and UNDER EIGHTEEN are two delightful examples of her work. She was sweet and pure in both films, and of course, virtue triumphs! She played a similar role in FIVE STAR FINAL, as Jenny, the daughter of the murderess who commits suicide. Seems like I read that she didn't have a very long career. I guess it didn't pay to be a perpetual virgin. Janet Gaynor--another sweetie of the screen. Those big eyes of hers could melt anything, couldn't they? I wish she'd work for MGM so we could see her films on the air! Ruby Keeler--she was always so pert and sweet and cute, kind of made you want to pinch her on the cheek. I know opposites attract, and that had to be what accounts for a marriage to Al Jolson! I was so surprised to learn they were married, and I don't think the marriage lasted too long. What a great topic!

Guest pert, ud

"Under Eighteen" is a fantastic movie; I can't believe it's as obscure as it is. "Beauty and the Boss" is great, too. Marian did have a certain rapport with Warren, didn't she? (I think he was crunchy on the surface but with a soft center, so it works.) After Ruby divorced Al, she took an apartment right across the hall from Dick Powell. I think his marriage to Joan Blondell was on uncertain footing at the time. I wonder what happened. I even think Janet had a crush on co-star Charles Farrell at one point. I love to think what might have happened if some of these great teams had become teams in real life. Great reminiscing.

Guest Alix

I have on videotape, a "one reel wonder" compiled back in the 30's sometime with outtakes from movies! And there's one clip of Warren William, and I think Joan Blondell, where he flubs a line not once but several times, and he's bleeped out! Of course, if you read lips (and it's pretty obvious!) you know what he said! It was really a cute clip, he's laughing and so is she. I absolutely love him. At first when I became addicted to pre-Codes I disliked him because he always played the bad guy. Then I realized how GOOD he was a being BAD! That was when I was convinced! UNDER EIGHTEEN is a wonderful film that I caught accidentially. I fell asleep with the VCR taping, and found this movie in the morning, and boy am I glad I did! I think Marian's blond virginal looks were so completely opposite from Warren's slick, dark, seducing appearance and that's why they were so good together. One of my favorite movie lines is from UNDER EIGHTEEN. Marian goes up to his penthouse playground to ask for $200 for her sister's divorce. When she gets an audience with him--in the middle of a big raucous pool party--he looks her up and down with those sexy eyes of his and says, "Why don't you take off your clothes and stay awhile?"

Guest mongo

There is no doubt about it. Sinatra knew how to wine, dine and romance a woman let alone fill her with pleasure. However he was also known to tell them to "get the hell out of here!". If you didn't appease the great crooner with the proper conversation (what he wanted to hear) you were out on your booty. Also actor Forrest Tucker had both Sinatra and Chaplin beat regarding their you-know-what.

Guest o, rita

I read the same thing about his black moods, Mongo. He could be cruel and abrasive. and, he terminated friendships if he felt slighted and it could be over the most insignificant thing he would take offense about. Yes, they say Forrest Tucker and Milton Berle were famous in Hollywood about their 'you-know-what'!

Guest *~*, *~* Megan

I think that Marlon Brando and Cary Grant were the best looking guys. "A Streetcar Named Desire" ...WOW! Those arms! and Cary Grant was just as sexy older as he was younger :) I think that Elizabeth Taylor, Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn were the best of the women, they were attractive, classy and glamorous.

Guest pert, ud

Ah, yes. And you know, sweet little Marian did have a flirtatious side to her on-screen persona, which is why she was always getting into scrapes. (She's a knockout as Trilby in "Svengali," too.) Warren was a smoothy, like the epitome of the worldliness Marian teased at experiencing but ultimately resisted. They definitely had a certain funny chemistry. Warren was smashing as the steel-hearted flintlock, like in "Employee's Entrance," "The Mouthpiece" and "The Mind Reader," but I think he was closest to his role in "Lady For A Day." A suave toughie on the outside, let a little old lady cross his path and he shows he's a Boy Scout underneath.

Guest Alix

I also like him in LADY FOR A DAY. First off, how can you miss with a character called "Dave the Dude?" And that combination of gambler/tough guy with the heart of gold is to irresistable! I actually can't think of a movie I've seen him in that I didn't enjoy his performance. He should have been HUGE! I wonder why he wasn't?

Guest son, jery

Marian Marsh was such a beauty in "Svengali." From what I understand, she just suddenly started appearing in big movies with hardly any apprenticeship. Her reign was so brief. I think she was one of the lucky ones who married a wealthy mogul and retired early. If only Anita Page had such luck. IF any of you are interested in "tasteful" beefcake of some our favorites--Clint Walker, Jeff Chandler, all the Tarzans and the movie Hercules--you should check out "www.Brian's Drive-in.com." It's a gold mine of B-actors and actresses. And yes, it has a whole page devoted to one of my babe-a-licious gods, Bomba the Jungle Boy (alias Johnny Sheffield.) But there's nothing yet on two of my passions: baby-face, adorable Tom Neal (a la 'Detour') or Johnny Mack Brown (a la "Our Dancing Daughters.")Get with it Brian! I want my Grade-A Treats right now!

Guest pert, ud

Why, indeed? I know he died in 1947, but how he got the buildup he did without really making it among the bigs is a mystery. (He reminds me a little of Warner Baxter in this respect, though I know Warner was bigger in his day.) At least Marian, as Jery says, had some fun and then got out while the getting was good. She lived a long life, I believe. I'm glad.

Guest son, jery

From inside gossip I keep hearing from my TV and movie buddies, John Ritter, yes, sweet little John from that TV show with Suzanne Sommers, is now the king of you-know-what. Also, from everything i've heard about The Chairman of the Board (Sinatra) was so psychotically possessive that you'd have to be crazy to become his love object. He never asked me, either, the cad!

Guest Alix

Yes, he does look a little like Warner Baxter. I think I read that Warren William's real last name was something like "Kreatch." Probably I spelled it wrong, but the effect is the same. Imagine that on a marquee! How could all those women in the 30's have seen his movies and not been swooning is beyond me!