Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your Favorite Romantic Movie Dance Scenes?

My favorite three romantic dance scenes for style and grace are:

1) Gene Kelly and Leslie Caron dancing at night by the river Seine to Gershwin's "Our Love Is Here To Stay" in the film American in Paris.

2) Fred Astaire and Cyd Charisse dancing in Central Park NY to "Dancing In The Dark" in the film The Band Wagon.

3)Gene Kelly and Cyd Charisse dancing among the "Heather on the Hill" in the film Brigadoon.

What are your favorites?

DANCING IN THE DARK has to be number one--it's amazing, and the choreography is so smooth and the dancers rock, of course.

Also love "Cheek to Cheek" from the Immortal TOP HAT---look at the way she looks at Fred. It makes us all envious.

Non musical romantic dance scenes: Bill and Kim in Picnic. From Princess O'Rourke, Jane Wyman and Jack Carson dancing in a nightclub. Jack takes hold of "wife" Jane and, well, it was the first time I thought of Jack as a romantic man. Lovely...

Before I read all the responses, I had decided that two of my favorite dance scenes were "Dancing in the Dark" and "Heather on the Hill." Imagine my great pleasure in seeing that others had felt the same way. If I may nitpick a little, I don't remember Kelly and Grayson having a dance number in "Anchors Aweigh", and "It Only Happens When I Dance with You" featured Astaire and Miller, not Astaire and Garland. But it really doesn't matter, these are all wonderful entertainments that will gifve us pleasure for years to come.

Terrence.

in addition to all the dances mentioned i'd add rita hayworth and gene kelly in 'long ago and far away' from COVER GIRL, 1944. a really erotic-love dance, and every time i see rita swoon deeply into gene's arms my heart leaps.

rita is a fantastic dancer, and with BOTH astaire and kelly, thru her dance moves, she has a way of giving herself over totally to her partner... an 'active' total surrender.... that's romantic.

one thing about this movie.... the dance numbers are over soo quickly, they leave me wanting more!!

Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy dancing at the MayDay fair in MAYTIME - supreme romance!

Don Ameche and Gene Tierney waltzing to the strains of The Merry Widow Waltz in HEAVEN CAN WAIT..so beautiful and so touching.

Ty Power and Linda Darnell dancing to EL SOMBRERO BLANCO in THE MARK OF ZORRO. What a wonderful couple they make!

Fred and Ginger dancing the CARIOCA in Flying down to Rio.

A lot of my most favorite scenes from the MGM musicals and the Astaire-Rogers musicals have already been mentioned, so I won't repeat those.

But I seem to remember a very romantic dance in The Swan with Grace Kelly dancing with Louis Jourdan. I can't be 100% if that is the dance I remember until I watch the movie again, which I hope to do in July. :D