Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No Loud Breathing Allowed

hamradio

40 minutes ago, CaveGirl said:

Well, that is just so wrong.

Obviously the only people one really would like to cease breathing, are internet trolls.

and spammers. :angry:

Learned about this on my local WSAZ news,  doubt if other news outlets will cover it.

The Huntington Mall Cinemark Cinema

cinema-5dea.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&zoo

• Thanks 1

I don't know where this theater is (actually, I do, since I read the article) where the staff is that vigilant! At the theater I go to most regularly, young couples bring babies with them all the time, babies who inevitably either begin laughing or screaming as soon as the movie starts. AND NO THEATER STAFF EVER MAKES THEM LEAVE, and NO PARENT EVER TAKES THEIR BABY OUTSIDE! Grrrr.

Can you imagine if you went to see "Greed" and that family from the TLC show, "Outdaughtered" was sitting in front of you?

The father on that show, looks like he needs therapy. His sad face betrays everything. Oh well, he could have been married to Octomom which would be even more scary.

This is so upsetting to me. I used to work at a movie theater, and I honestly would not have listened to that guy who complained. It's just so upsetting that that little girl has a limited number of activities she can partake in, and some idiot feels the need to complain about her. Sad. 

• Like 4

To shake a baby. Remember the Nanny Trial. A teenager was convicted of first degree murder I believe but in a move that shocked me was the Judge overturning the decision by the jury. I didn't know a judge could get away with that. Barry Sheck, the lawyer, asked for the charge of second-degree murder to be removed, leaving just either first-degree murder or manslaughter to choose from. Mr Sheck was sure that or thought it likely that the jury would not convict her of the more serious charge and would opt for manslaughter. But the stratagem backfired. Maybe the judge freed her (and sent back to England with some proviso) because she had been victimized by the "thoughtlessness" of her lawyers. I didn't look this up but I think I have the case about right.

It seems disturbingly easy that a frustrated mother/father or babysitter in a passing moment of fury could cause such tragedies. My heart is all out for that young lady (whose photos have been removed). I hope she gets everything that she needs to live the best possible life.

==

Gotta say what kind'a surprised me here is that this whole thing went down during a showing of the latest Jurrasic Park flick.

Hell, the last time I went to see one of these kind'a movies, they had the freakin' sound turned up SO damn much, I think I walked out of the theater with a case of Tinnitus!

(...and so, MY question would be: How in the hell did that SOB who complained about that poor little girl's loud breathing even HEAR her???) 

• Like 3

On 8/9/2018 at 4:28 PM, laffite said:

To shake a baby. Remember the Nanny Trial. A teenager was convicted of first degree murder I believe but in a move that shocked me was the Judge overturning the decision by the jury. I didn't know a judge could get away with that. Barry Sheck, the lawyer, asked for the charge of second-degree murder to be removed, leaving just either first-degree murder or manslaughter to choose from. Mr Sheck was sure that or thought it likely that the jury would not convict her of the more serious charge and would opt for manslaughter. But the stratagem backfired. Maybe the judge freed her (and sent back to England with some proviso) because she had been victimized by the "thoughtlessness" of her lawyers. I didn't look this up but I think I have the case about right.

It seems disturbingly easy that a frustrated mother/father or babysitter in a passing moment of fury could cause such tragedies. My heart is all out for that young lady (whose photos have been removed). I hope she gets everything that she needs to live the best possible life.

==

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise_Woodward_case

The Judge reduced the conviction to Involuntary Manslaughter, stating "I am morally certain that allowing this defendant on this evidence to remain convicted of second-degree murder would be a miscarriage of justice" - IANAL, but based on what I'd seen presented of the trial statements at the time, I was inclined to agree with that position. I still feel for the child's parents though & am thankful that I wasn't one of the ones having to make that kind of decision on likely guilt & punishment.

As for the cinema incident, I hope that another cinema gives the kid a screening with a more tolerant audience - there's a difference between thoughtless indulgence & expressing a symptom in a way that cannot be helped.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I think it would be embarrassing to get kicked out of a movie theater.  That's why I only do all MY heavy breathing over the TELEPHONE on randomly chosen numbers.  ;) 

Sepiatone

So, kind'a like this here, Sepia?...

6 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Now, if y'alls been PAYING ATTENTION, you'd KNOW I can't see that kind of posted stuff!:angry:

Sepiatone

Sorry Sepia. I forgot about that.

My YouTube post in reply to your earlier comment was the scene in Mel Brooks' High Anxiety where Rudy De Luca is attempting to strangle Mel in a phone booth right after Mel has dialed Madeline Kahn's hotel room, and she thinks Mel's heavy breathing is some guy making an obscene phone call to her.

(...the funny part of course being that at first Kahn is disgusted by it, but eventually she kind'a "gets into" it)

6 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Now, if y'alls been PAYING ATTENTION, you'd KNOW I can't see that kind of posted stuff!:angry:

Sepiatone

Here's Dargo's scene description in morse code...

....... ... --- .-. .-. -.-- ....... ... . .--. .. .- .-.-.- ....... .. ....... ..-. --- .-. --. --- - ....... .- -... --- ..- - ....... - .... .- - .-.-.- -- -.-- ....... -.-- --- ..- - ..- -... . ....... .--. --- ... - ....... .. -. ....... .-. . .--. .-.. -.-- ....... - --- ....... -.-- --- ..- .-. ....... . .- .-. .-.. .. . .-. ....... -.-. --- -- -- . -. - ....... .-- .- ... ....... - .... . ....... ... -.-. . -. . ....... .. -. ....... -- . .-.. ....... -... .-. --- --- -.- ... .----. ....... .... .. --. .... ....... .- -. -..- .. . - -.-- ....... .-- .... . .-. . ....... .-. ..- -.. -.-- ....... -.. . ....... .-.. ..- -.-. .- ....... .. ... ....... .- - - . -- .--. - .. -. --. ....... - --- ....... ... - .-. .- -. --. .-.. . ....... -- . .-.. ....... .. -. ....... .- ....... .--. .... --- -. . ....... -... --- --- - .... ....... .-. .. --. .... - ....... .- ..-. - . .-. ....... -- . .-.. ....... .... .- ... ....... -.. .. .- .-.. . -.. ....... -- .- -.. . .-.. .. -. . ....... -.- .- .... -. .----. ... ....... .... --- - . .-.. ....... .-. --- --- -- --..-- ....... .- -. -.. ....... ... .... . ....... - .... .. -. -.- ... ....... -- . .-.. .----. ... ....... .... . .- ...- -.-- ....... -... .-. . .- - .... .. -. --. ....... .. ... ....... ... --- -- . ....... --. ..- -.-- ....... -- .- -.- .. -. --. ....... .- -. ....... --- -... ... -.-. . -. . ....... .--. .... --- -. . ....... -.-. .- .-.. .-.. ....... - --- ....... .... . .-. .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- - .... . ....... ..-. ..- -. -. -.-- ....... .--. .- .-. - ....... --- ..-. ....... -.-. --- ..- .-. ... . ....... -... . .. -. --. ....... - .... .- - ....... .- - ....... ..-. .. .-. ... - ....... -.- .- .... -. ....... .. ... ....... -.. .. ... --. ..- ... - . -.. ....... -... -.-- ....... .. - --..-- ....... -... ..- - ....... . ...- . -. - ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- ....... ... .... . ....... -.- .. -. -.. .----. .- ....... --. . - ... ....... .. -. - --- ....... .. - .......

Whaddya mean you can't read morse code? There's no pleasing some people... ;)

1 minute ago, limey said:

Here's Dargo's scene description in morse code...

....... ... --- .-. .-. -.-- ....... ... . .--. .. .- .-.-.- ....... .. ....... ..-. --- .-. --. --- - ....... .- -... --- ..- - ....... - .... .- - .-.-.- -- -.-- ....... -.-- --- ..- - ..- -... . ....... .--. --- ... - ....... .. -. ....... .-. . .--. .-.. -.-- ....... - --- ....... -.-- --- ..- .-. ....... . .- .-. .-.. .. . .-. ....... -.-. --- -- -- . -. - ....... .-- .- ... ....... - .... . ....... ... -.-. . -. . ....... .. -. ....... -- . .-.. ....... -... .-. --- --- -.- ... .----. ....... .... .. --. .... ....... .- -. -..- .. . - -.-- ....... .-- .... . .-. . ....... .-. ..- -.. -.-- ....... -.. . ....... .-.. ..- -.-. .- ....... .. ... ....... .- - - . -- .--. - .. -. --. ....... - --- ....... ... - .-. .- -. --. .-.. . ....... -- . .-.. ....... .. -. ....... .- ....... .--. .... --- -. . ....... -... --- --- - .... ....... .-. .. --. .... - ....... .- ..-. - . .-. ....... -- . .-.. ....... .... .- ... ....... -.. .. .- .-.. . -.. ....... -- .- -.. . .-.. .. -. . ....... -.- .- .... -. .----. ... ....... .... --- - . .-.. ....... .-. --- --- -- --..-- ....... .- -. -.. ....... ... .... . ....... - .... .. -. -.- ... ....... -- . .-.. .----. ... ....... .... . .- ...- -.-- ....... -... .-. . .- - .... .. -. --. ....... .. ... ....... ... --- -- . ....... --. ..- -.-- ....... -- .- -.- .. -. --. ....... .- -. ....... --- -... ... -.-. . -. . ....... .--. .... --- -. . ....... -.-. .- .-.. .-.. ....... - --- ....... .... . .-. .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.- - .... . ....... ..-. ..- -. -. -.-- ....... .--. .- .-. - ....... --- ..-. ....... -.-. --- ..- .-. ... . ....... -... . .. -. --. ....... - .... .- - ....... .- - ....... ..-. .. .-. ... - ....... -.- .- .... -. ....... .. ... ....... -.. .. ... --. ..- ... - . -.. ....... -... -.-- ....... .. - --..-- ....... -... ..- - ....... . ...- . -. - ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- ....... ... .... . ....... -.- .. -. -.. .----. .- ....... --. . - ... ....... .. -. - --- ....... .. - .......

Whaddya mean you can't read morse code? There's no pleasing some people... ;)

LOL

What hath limey wrought...here?

;)

On 8/10/2018 at 8:35 PM, Bethluvsfilms said:

This is disgusting. So now, kids (or adults) with disabilities are being punished for a condition they have no control over? 

It seems humanity and compassion are disappearing faster and faster nowadays...

Well, there IS the other side, you know. Some might believe that because they paid their money they should not be disturbed. Maybe they believe that persons with severe disabilities should seek help in arranging their activities whereby they wouldn't disturb others. I'm playing Devil's Advocate but how many of us (including me) know for sure how they would have reacted in the same situation. I know most, as I, would probably have not complained, but maybe you (the general you) might have had to be there to really know. Maybe some patrons were not quite aware of the terrible details of the disturbance and were joining the bandwagon. Very few would not have compassion in this case, it would seem ; but does that mean they have the saintliness to accept a constant disturbance over the course of an entire movie (though it is safe to say that a vast number are not compassionate in the least and would have used this as an opportunity to be butt-heads.)

4 hours ago, Fedya said:

Why do I have a feeling there's more to the story than the newspaper article printed?

You mean perhaps the offended party might not so innocent. Maybe they caused a disturbance themselves and added to the fracas? They were offered a private viewing on the spot (it seems) but refused. They were insulted maybe and retaliated. The situation may have simply got out of hand and the only thing left to do in that case was to eject. Something like that?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, laffite said:

Well, there IS the other side, you know. Some might believe that because they paid their money they should not be disturbed. Maybe they believe that persons with severe disabilities should seek help in arranging their activities whereby they wouldn't disturb others. I'm playing Devil's Advocate but how many of us (including me) know for sure how they would have reacted in the same situation. I know most, as I, would probably have not complained, but maybe you (the general you) might have had to be there to really know. Maybe some patrons were not quite aware of the terrible details of the disturbance and were joining the bandwagon. Very few would not have compassion in this case, it would seem ; but does that mean they have the saintliness to accept a constant disturbance over the course of an entire movie (though it is safe to say that a vast number are not compassionate in the least and would have used this as an opportunity to be butt-heads.)

You mean perhaps the offended party might not so innocent. Maybe they caused a disturbance themselves and added to the fracas? They were offered a private viewing on the spot (it seems) but refused. They were insulted maybe and retaliated. The situation may have simply got out of hand and the only thing left to do in that case was to eject. Something like that?

I admit I am not the most patient person in the world but under no circumstances would I insist that someone with a disability they didn't ask to be born with should be ejected from the theater, certainly not a child. Maybe the other patrons weren't fully aware of her condition, that still doesn't mean she should have been treated like a pariah.

Even if the child's family did make too much of a stink over the situation (which is certainly possible) why punish the poor child for it? She certainly didn't ask to born with her ailment.

1 hour ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

I admit I am not the most patient person in the world but under no circumstances would I insist that someone with a disability they didn't ask to be born with should be ejected from the theater, certainly not a child. Maybe the other patrons weren't fully aware of her condition, that still doesn't mean she should have been treated like a pariah.

Even if the child's family did make too much of a stink over the situation (which is certainly possible) why punish the poor child for it? She certainly didn't ask to born with her ailment.

She wasn't born with it, some bastard nearly shook her to death leaving her blind and a quadriplegic. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings