Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
edgeciff

DAVID LEAN COLLECTION

Just saw a preview of some of the art work for the new DVD David Lean collection on MGM/UA coming out in September. Brief Encounter, Oliver Twist, Great Expectations all much nicer looking than the Criterion Collection and I believe $14.95 per disc with a box set of 8 films at $99.00. Unfortunately, I think the only extra is a trailer. Let's hope the discs look as good as the cover art.

Apparently nobody is interested in David Lean's old British films. I didn't have one comment! Anyway this set is being offered for $68.99 at Deepdiscountdvd. That's about $8.50 per film. Pretty much of a steal. This may sound like a commercial but its not. I'm a big fan of British films so this set is for me. Many of the Lean films will be released for the first time on DVD including BLITHE SPIRIT and IN WHICH WE SERVE.

I love David Lean's films, at least the ones I've seen. But looking on imdb, I realize I haven't seen too many of his earlier films (though I have seen "Great Expectations") and weighed in on the "Brief Encounter" thread hoping TCM will show it one day. Of course, he made some of the greatest movies of all-time, IMO, some of them Oscar winners.

edgecliffd I have Blite Spirit on DVD already. Perhaps the one coming out will be higher quality then the Image Entertainment 1998 version I have.