Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kay Francis pre-codes

I think Kay Francis deserves some of her pre-codes released to DVD. In the last year or two she has had three books about her life and career which has put her back in the spotlight. So lets honor her with the release of some of her films like Mandaly, One Way Passage, Jewel Robbery, Street of Women , etc. So come on Francis fans lets band together to one of the most popular and highest paid actresses of the early thirties honored with some of her films to DVD.

I agree.... plus the response on this board when TCM finally made Kay Francis star of the month was phenomenal in part because so many of her films are rarely seen. In 15 years I don't recall such a huge and positive response to a star of the month.

I watched *The False Madonna* last night, a very odd and touching pre-Coder starring Kay Francis as a grifter who impersonates a dead woman to collect money from the dead woman's kid but gets caught in her own trap. A high point is that Kay actually gets to sing (don't know the name of the song) in her low throaty voice.

I would ABSOLUTELY purchase all the Kay Francis DVDs I could find if they did a series on her. Think she is a fabulous actress with a lot of gumption, plays many roles exceedingly well and up there with the best like Bette Davis, Stanwyck, and others honored.

A Kay Francis collection of DVD's, including Wonder Bar, would be great. Kay Francis month was one of the best TCM months my wife and I can remember. My wife is not into pre-codes but she really enjoyed all the Kay Francis films I recorded that month. Is it me or has TCM gone back to ignoring her? I don't think they have aired many since September and I don't see any scheduled for the next 3-4 months. I do hope that TCM, at the very least, gives her a full day in August.

har har har :)

I meant play the same films they always play. No rarer titles they haven't played before. How about Illusion? Let's Go Native? or Behind the Makeup? or Street of Chance?

Naaaaaah.... too easy to keep playing the same titles they always show on her birthday, like Transgression or Jewel Robbery or One Way Passage. Yawn.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

9:45 PM Trouble In Paradise (1932)

A love triangle ignites trouble between two jewel theives and their intended victim. Cast: Herbert Marshall, Miriam Hopkins, Kay Francis. Dir: Ernst Lubitsch. BW-82 mins, TV-G

Enjoy! Doh! Gotta go...I'm being "watched" in ev'ry thread.