Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gwtwbooklover

Ray Charles passing

I know this may not be very movie related but I am still upset with the the passing of one of my favorites. Especially on the heals of Reagan's passing and wondering but not wanting to know who next? Ray's music was so special to my ear and my heart and he had a way to deliver a song like no one else. Will miss him dearly..Brother Ray. On a movie vein and probably not considered great movie making by some The Blues Brothers Ray Charles was in it. He played a music store owner who the blues brother visited and they wondered how he stayed in business being blind and had inclinations to just run off with the instruments they wanted. However the boys had to reconsider when they found out how Ray stayed in business and kept people from stealing-very funny scene

I enjoyed Ray Charles' cameo in THE BLUES BROTHERS. I will miss him, as well. He was an influential musician and a lovely performer. God Bless you, Ray.

I worked on a movie about Ray Charles last year with Jamie Foxx playing Ray. Should be coming out in a few months helmed by Taylor Hackford. Looks good and wow what a great pianist Jamie is in real life.....

some of my earliest memories are of Ray Charles. Mom and Dad both were huge fans and therefore so was I. The small house that my 5 brothers and I grew up in was always rolling with the sounds of Ray, B.B King, Bobby Bland

Joe Cocker, etc. and upon hearing of his passing I was truely saddened. Seemed to be a man that you could sit down and have a cup o' coffee with.

And GWTW Ray was a movie star in his own rights.

a wonderful performer!!

Eddie

eddie71664 are you saying that Ray Charles srarred or co-starred or made cameos in other films? If so what are the titles? Also I loved those Pepsi commmercials Ray made.

Probably the worst moment in his life was performing at the super-bowl next to airosmith. Good thing he didn't have to see him.

Also I loved those Pepsi

> commmercials Ray made.

I love those Ray pepsi commercials too! They made me buy the product! Can't stand the other celebrities though.

GWTW The main thing that I remember is seeing him on

the old Flip Wilson show,He was one of the funnier guests

and together with Flip they were outstanding. I was just a kid but that show was a staple in our families nights.

He was also in a documentary by Clint Eastwood not too long ago that really showed what he was all about.

Growing up poor and blind, not to mention black could not have been much fun in that time period. By the way its called Piano Blues

He was also in a Leslie Nielson movie Spy Hard

also, and there was that little known movie The Blues Bros. Hope that I helped

Eddie