Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*THE TCM PROGRAMMING CHALLENGE#13: LUCKY 13!*

I love playing this game so much I will take any excuse to extend it, filmlover.

Now get on the horn and get these mystery recalcitrant West Coast TCMers to post their entries! They have 2 hours and 33 minutes!

(and with that, Chip is off to bed. G'night gang!

Well, I want to congratulate all the participants because you've all entered some really _amazing_ schedules. I'll be taking a closer look once the voting stage begins, but in my mind everyone who participates is already a winner because of all the fun they have. As I explained to Chip previously, I had to cancel my plans to make a schedule at the last minute due to some personal stuff that came up, however it still has been a great learning experience just to put myself in the frame of mind of the potential programmer.

Kudos to everyone and especially Chip because he's been such a great challenge organizer! :D

Donna,

Congratulations on your schedule! I think that Lloyd Nolan as your S.O.M. is terrific. You had some great themes. I really liked the Shirley, Judge and Siblings themes. Florida is a wonderful selection for location.

This is really going to be a tough choice-so many creative schedules to choose from.

*Some, like Lynn, gets theirs in with minutes to spare*

Not this time, I'm afraid. As I PM'd Chipsy over the weekend and as I posted here earlier this evening, I had to opt out of this one.

But I plan on voting and I look forward to the next Challenge later this summer.

And now the challenge is officially closed... Congrats to everyone who participated! All the schedules are wonderful, and it?s easy to tell that a lot of effort went into every one of them.

Thanks for several more nice comments on my schedule. countessdelave ? I think Joan?s fine in Ice Follies of 1939, but the script and the whole general concept, ugh... Leave the ice skating to Fox and Sonja Henie.

ILoveRayMilland ? How can you not expect a great response to Cyd? Ha. Love her. Good Star of the Month choice (Lifeboat!), and nice job coming up with another thirteen theme. And can I trade your nine-year-old brother for my thirteen-year-old brother? I try my hardest to indoctrinate him (and my parents and various others), but unfortunately my successes are limited. :P

Fedya ? Amazing, just amazing. You do lose a couple of points though because of course you made me hungry, and I don?t have any good candy around at the moment. ;)

Norma_Desmond ? Like your locations, your thirteen theme, and George Sanders!

CineMaven ? Adolphe Menjou, Ellery Queen??What Might Have Been? ? I thought about doing something similar. Great bad boys/girls themes too (lots of noir!).

Fredmill38 ? Ooh, devil movies, and I like the ?One Shot Deal? concept. Let me also add to the Lloyd Nolan enthusiasm. Those Michael Shayne flicks are lots of fun.

Hi Chip, well I finished my first Challenge. Now let me bring up what will no doubt be a prickly subject, but I need to know: I know the TCM WebAdmins. think having multiple identities on this Message Board is a good thing and not a problem, but as the arbiter of this particular Challenge (#13) are you allowing sock puppets to vote on this Challenge, or will it be one person one vote?

Thank you for your ruling.

Archived