Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lee Tracy- Stop the Presses!!

Scott, I also love both of those Tracy flix! I will put a plug in for THE NUISANCE as well, and I hope TCM will be showing that one again soon, it's been ages since I've seen it---great pre-code fun and very poignant as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Lee Tracy in Blessed Event in particular.

I recently found this interesting item when researching my [Hollywood Heyday|http://hollywoodheyday.blogspot.com/] blog that shows that he wasn't even the original actor considered for the role. And given the bidding war for the story, it could have been any one of a number of other actors playing the part instead. Hard to imagine any of these other gents in the role, except maybe Cagney.

From a March 25, 1932 Oakland Tribune column:

?Blessed Event,? a current Broadway drama harpooning the Broadway columnists in general and Walter Winchell in particular, has been purchased by Warner?s for the uses of James Cagney. The price is given as $66,000, bids having been made by Paramount, for Jack Oakie; Universal, for Lew Ayres and Fox for James Dunn.

I've really come to appreciate Mr. Tracy's style, over the years of viewing his films.

My favourite casting of him is in Dinner At Eight.

Also, quite enjoy him in The Best Man in which he completely outacts Fonda (albeit not all that difficult to do).

And anyway, anyone who **** on a military parade is definitely aces in my book.

Rest in peace, Mr. Tracy.

I like your style.

weightb-44tracyF.jpg

S A M

527.gif

~p e a c e~