Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movies are the answer

*Make Way for a Lady*

?What lady?? Roger asked looking around expectantly. Winging it, the doctor said, ?Her Highness, the Princess of Monaco is on her way in this very minute?you have got to go?now?follow my nurse, she?ll take you out the back way?? Though Roger had found his way out of many back doors, it was usually under very different circumstances. ?Why the back way?? he demanded indignantly. The doctor looked at him squarely and shot back?

GET YOURSELF A COLLEGE GIRL

"The Princess is not for you", the Doctor told Roger, fearing an international incident should Roger pursue his natural inclinations. Roger felt humiliated, but what could he do? If he made a fuss, word would surely filter back to Sterling-Cooper. Now that he thought of it, Roger decided to take the Doctor up on his suggestion, and soon made his way to the campus of that well-known party school, where he hoped to transact the business at which he had failed so miserably in the Doctor's office. Roger picked out a likely looking coed nodding off under a tree, and began with a pick-up line that had never failed him,......

*I Was a Male War Bride*

The young lady looked up at him quizzically. ?You?re no Cary Grant,? she said before returning to her nap. Roger wasn?t having much luck with the college crowd and this was discouraging. He didn?t realize that to most of these kids he looked like someone?s dad. He glanced at his watch and realized he hadn?t had a martini since?

THE HOUR BEFORE THE DAWN

And it was well past noon, at that point. He needed a drink in the worst way, and soon he was getting that drink...in the worst way. He had stumbled into a sleazy bar where a dame communicated by leaving off the ending syllables of all her words, and her friend was selling a typewriter, in exchange for a drink. Wow, he thought...this is the bottom of the barrell. The bartender asked him what he was drinking, and he said "I'll have what they're having", so the three sat down to an afternoon of Thunderbird and popcorn. Before long the dame looked more and more like a sweet, young thing, so he leaned over and asked he to...

*Save the Tiger*

The Thunderbird and popcorn had just about put the dame on the floor, so when Roger mentioned saving tigers, she thought he wanted to go to the zoo or a circus and she bolted from the bar. There Roger sat, bombed, befuddled and bereft staring into a popcorn bowl with only kernels and an empty wine glass. It seemed only seconds later when he looked up to see Don Draper at his side helping him with his coat and offering him a ride to?

The 3:10 To Yuma

Roger pleaded with Don. I have another place I need to be, so can't make that train. Can you get me a taxi, Roger asked?? Don replied, I am totally fed up with you and your life style. If you don't start to reform right now, I have washed my hands. Roger got down on his knees and begged Don. Please don't:

THE RED DESERT

If you really mean it this time, Don pressed, "you must go to that little known desert in mid-Russia, and work on a very secret campaign" "If you make a success of it, you will return to Madison Ave. in glory" It seemed a proposition too good to pass up, so he immediagtely agreed.

In no time, they were at Grand Central, awaiting the train to Russia. Don's test proved once and for all that his friend was beyond saving, so he walked away mumbling to himself...

*Wake Me When It?s Over*

Don was tired of saving Roger Sterling. He thought of the time he and Roger had been partying with those two girls and Roger had had his heart attack. It was Don who saved his life. Maybe that rescue as much as his intrinsic value to the company had something to do with Don becoming a partner at Sterling Cooper. But when Monday morning rolled around, Don and Roger were both back in their offices as if nothing had happened. When Peggy Olson arrived sporting a new hairstyle, dress and makeup, the entire office started talking. Joan Holloway popped in and remarked, ?Peggy, you look fantastic, you look just like?

THE GIRL MOST LIKELY

This gave Joan a moment's pause, however, since she herself had been just that around the office for some time now. What's going on in Peggy's mind, Joan wondered? Is she really all that naive, or does she have plans to move in on my territory? Look how far she's come already. Joan took a moment to assess her image in the mirror, and decided that whatever Peggy had, she certainly didn't have.....

*Those Lips, Those Eyes*

And Peggy didn?t have the face, figure, manner or style Joan was born with and had worked hard to showcase over the years. But, on the other hand, Peggy had been promoted from the secretarial ghetto, now had an office of her own and was highly regarded by the one and only Don Draper. Though highest on the secretarial ladder as Office Manager and currently engaged to a doctor, Joan harbored secret dreams of someday becoming?

Message was edited by: theladyeve

THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN

Her sights were aimed very high, considering her lack of knowledge of the game and how it's played. But stranger things were known to happen. Look waht happened to Joan right after she came to work...A talk with Selena and soon she knew what to wear, say and how to act...she even changed her name from Whitehead to Dubois.

Peggy wouldn't let anything get in her way, and she didn't need Selena for social guidance. First she would get rid of Selena, then Joan, by means of ever so slight of hand. The first thing on her calendar was to...

*Luncheon at Twelve*

with Bertram Cooper. Cooper, a lifelong bachelor, was the real power at Sterling Cooper and Peggy thought it was time she made her move with him. Don Draper had promoted her, Roger Sterling had given her the office next to Don?s?what would Bertram Cooper give her? With her new look, her youth, her track record of success and her strategic mind, Peggy hoped Cooper would offer her?

*The Keys To the Kingdom*

That is, the executive keys to the kingdom, that the boys club had at Sterling Cooper.Peggy would bide her time. She'd work very hard, play by the rules, look great and wait to.....

btw- it's impossible to post- just to write those 2 sentences took 10 minutes to get it to post-

*Stand Up and Cheer!*

And that would be the day one of three things happened: Peggy would be a partner at Sterling Cooper, she would be the head of its yet-to-be-conceptualized West Coast office or she would head up an agency of her own. Peggy wasn?t the type to depend on a man to provide the good life via marriage. Besides, none of the men she?d been involved with had been able to deliver much more than?

*Love In The Afternoon*

and that was not what she wanted. Peggy decided what she needed was a female role model that was successful in business as well as love. Carol Templeton would be perfect. She had her own ad agency, had snagged that handsome ad man Jerry Webster and had his child.; What could be better? That was the life that Peggy had always dreamed of. She would become Carol Templeton/Doris Day! She had to know how Carol was able to afford all those designer clothes, Thelma Ritter for a cleaning lady, a doorman building with an elevator operator on her salary before owning her own firm! She called Carol and asked her......

WHERE'S CHARLIE?

Who's Charlie, she wondered, as she tried to figure out who this silly young thing was. Then she remembered...that drab in the front office of Cooper. She asked Peggy what she was talking about and Peggy responded, "You know who I'm talking about...the cute office boy that you debauched at the Christmas party a few years ago." Carol thought that incident was long forgotten, but no...it was still topic #1 in certain offices. If Peggy knew, then all the newcomers had to know. How devestating! She had to get to know Peggy better, just to see what else she may have on her. She invited her to...

*Breakfast at Tiffany?s*

Peggy was disappointed. There the two of them were sipping bad coffee and munching stale crullers in front of the high-end jewelry store?s window hours before it opened. She had no idea why Carol was grilling her and was about to walk away when along came a tall, slender model-type wearing what looked like haute couture. Impressionable Peggy was knocked out by this vision of ?

A WOMAN'S FACE

THIS is my role model, thought Peggy. And look, HER cruller isn't even stale. I don't know why I ever thought Carol Templeton, with her garish colors and manic expressions, could hold the clues to my future in the business. Obviously, this tasteful, muted creature who has just come along is the one I should try to emulate. And the streaks in the hair; nobody's doing that. I'll just have to find a polite way to get rid of Carol; it wasn't going to be worth the trouble of stringing her along. Sneaking a quick look at the mystery woman's Givenchy label, Peggy knew that her next move would be to....

Message was edited by: DougieB for spelling.(?)

SEANCE ON A WET AFTERNOON

This would clear up everything regarding questions she had about this lovely creature. She mad an appointment with Alma for the next wet afternoon, and waited for rain. It came, and as Peggy eased herself into Alma's seedy little room, he grew secure in knowing that her answers would be forthcoming. Alma seated herself and in no time she was deep in a dream-like state. She asked who was there, and a voice came from the dark...it is I...Dovima...the ultimate model...I will identify the lovely creature with one caveat...get that damn elephant dung off my gown...I've been carrying it around since that shoot with Avedon. Alma said she had an excellent elephant dung spray and would give her a dousing as soon as she revealed the identity of the lovely creature. Dovie said "nix...first the spray". Well, thought Alma...a tough ghost to be sure...she thought about if for a while and then said...

*Play the Game*

until she could shed Carol as nicely as possible. For her part, Carol found Peggy boring and rather odd; she soon returned to her office sure that the young woman was no threat. Peggy began to follow the gorgeous gamin in Givenchy around Manhattan waiting for the moment when she could?

Message was edited by: theladyeve

*Walk on the Wild Side*

also. She found her looks and life so boring but knew she could have great things in store for her.

That was why she had thought of Carol- after all Carol had everything she wanted especially that successful career in advertising. This beautiful creature was obviously rich and had nothing else to do but shop, but she decided to follow her anyway hoping that maybe she'd learn to be chic too.Of course she could never look like that- she'd have to cut her body in half- just as she decided to leave- this glorious creature turned and asked Peggy.....

*Who is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe?*

Peggy was startled by such an off-the-wall question. The chic girl smiled wryly and said ?Ahh...Do I detect a look of disapproval in your eye?? Peggy realized the young woman was not only stunning but also a little kooky. Because she could imagine featuring the beauty in a campaign for De Beers, Peggy didn?t bother to answer but instead invited her to lunch. The lovely girl accepted instantly and they were soon in a cab on the way to?

THE STORK CLUB

Upon arrival at this exclusive eatery, Peggy and the mystery woman were accosted by a person who was ostensibly the hat-check girl, but who seemed intent on dominating everything and everyone with her high-voltage personality. "Go see Carol Templeton", Peggy whispered in her ear. "You're perfect for her agency." Peggy and the model/kook proceeded to their table, next to that of Dovima and Suzy Parker, who were heatedly discussing their post-modeling career strategies. Peggy took a hard second look at her luncheon companion and decided that, instead of the De Beers campaign, she should make this woman the face of....

SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING

Instead of going through all the machinations to make Peggy beautiful, it would be quicker and easier, she thought to cash in on the about to be chic look...heroin chic. Peggy would develop the look in less than a week, with her help...and she knew just who to call to get the strategy in full swing. Calven Klone...he'd been toyin g with the idea and perhaps the two of them could put their heads together and come up with something concrete. There was only one problem...everyone knew that Cal was ....