Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movies are the answer

EVITA

But unfortunately, Jack Russells are not known for their tracking ability, so the little dog ate all the clues Gepetto gave him and finally choked to death on one of her Diors. Gepetto was desponent, but soon realized that he could track her down on his own. He picked up the telephone book, and in no time he was.....

JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH

But unfortunately, when he arrived, he saw that things weren't much better there than they were on Earth, so he hailed a rocket and soon found himself back at Hollywood and Vine. To take his mind off his dissatisfaction, he decided to take in a .......

FLYING DOWN TO RIO

He got his dates wrong, so he would have missed the festival, anyway. The current feature was FOG OVER FRISCO which is appropriate for the Surf, because it was housed in fog on a fairly permanent basis. He decided to play hookey and see the old Davis film anyway, but he forgot to get directions and untimately...

I WAKE UP SCREAMING

...every time I think about the last time we dined together. Such a menu was enough to put off a starving man. Pied d' Puerque, Salad d' Octopus avec Mayonaise, Blow Fish scampi and assorted deep-fried insects...and to top it all off, a desert of whipped cream and truffles...he declined the offer and instead suggested that she...

*Visit to a Small Planet*

?and he suggested Pluto. Judy wasn?t offended or even surprised by Allan?s remark, she?d been hearing this kind of thing all her life. She took another tack by reminding him of the Alla Nazimova festival over at the Castro and promised to drop him off in front of the theatre while she searched for parking. Tempting as that was, for Allan was a great fan of Nazimova, he told Judy he had other plans ? he was going to?

RUN SILENT, RUN DEEP

He needed to get away from her as soon as possible. She had a way of holding people in her spell, no matter how strong-willed they seemed. But he didn't want to miss Nazimove, either, so he bought some cookies at Mrs. Fields, and sneaked into the theater by a side entrance. Little did he know that...

*The Devil is a Woman*

But he found out for certain that night when halfway through *Salome* he glanced up to see Judy performing The Dance of the Seven Veils in the aisle. Flabbergasted and terrified, he realized he should?ve just stayed home and worked on his?

*Reefer Madness*

Yes, it was a condition that he had been trying to overcome for years, ever since he had been introduced to the "devil weed" as a youth. He had sought medical treatment, but he still had occasional bouts, especially when feeling stressed. One night he didn't realize what he was doing when he started to

NIGHT PEOPLE

He always felt superior to these poor, deluded yokels; imagining they were having a grand old time, and leaving town broke and hungover. Whatever his demons were, theirs always seemed worse to him. Leaving the lounge of one of the second rate hotels, he fancied that he was well over his dilemma...until along came a....

TAXI DRIVER

Allan had to jump back as the cab had to swerve to avoid him. He yelled something at the cab driver, who rolled down his window and said "Are you talking to me? Are you talking to me? Allan said nothing. The cab driver than said "Well, I'm the only one here!". Not wanting to get confrontational, Allan walked away. The cab started to follow him, very slowly. Fearing that there might be trouble, Allan quickened his pace, but the cab kept following. Allan ran around a corner and down a dimly lit narrow side street, which was not much more than an alley. He quickly realized that this could be a mistake. This street could be a

THE OTHER LOVE

...Coke...where did it come from? Did He buy it? But with what...he was broke, as usual...He carefully opened the baggy and spread the contents on a mirror. He's soon know if it was the real stuff, or just some baby powder. One snort and he had his answer...His spirits soared...he was king of the world. He quickly dressed and went out into the real world to enjoy his newfound joy. No sooner did he enter Sear's for a stack of dollar sized pancakes, than....

*It Started with Eve*

Eve Harrington, a has-been actress, was his least favorite waitress at Sears and he always seemed to end up in her section when he was in an agitated state. She stalked over to Allan, looked him in the eye and gave him...

*Duck Soup*

She said it was the soup of the day. Allan said that he really was there for breakfast. Eve responded with "How about some *Salt And Pepper*? He said that that was the title of a movie with Peter Lawford and Sammy Davis Jr. He said that what he really wanted was a menu. She told him "It's on the wall behind me, *Tootsie*". Growing more perturbed, he shot back "You've got a lot behind you, and I don't mean the wall"! "Say, are you trying to be fresh?", she said. She brought him a glass of water and utensils, purposely dropping the knife in the glass to splash him. "Hey, *Knife In The Water* is a Roman Polanski film" he said. Now Eve was getting irritated. She retorted "What are you, some sort of movie geek? You're probably one of those people who knows who was in some obscure movie fifty years ago, but can't remember what you're supposed to get at the grocery store". With that she picked up a bunch of *Bananas* and started throwing them at him. "That's a Woody Allen film", he yelled. Then came the berries. "*Wild Strawberries*, by Ingmar Bergman" he shouted. "Get out!", she cried. "Get out or I'll *Scream*". He said "You can *Scream And Scream Again!*. I'm leaving. I'll go have *Breakfast At Tiffany's*." On his way out he thought "Gee, maybe I am a movie geek. Everything reminds me of an old film" He decided to check with Dr. Lilloman at the Institute For The Very, Very Nervous. The doctor said that it sounded like a rare form of *High Anxiety*. While there was no known cure, there was one treatment that might work. Allan would have to

Edited by: MilesArcher

*Sleep, My Love*

Though Allan wasn't too happy about the way the doctor had phrased it, he realized he needed a good night's sleep. The doctor also ordered medication. One thing he didn?t need, the doctor insisted, was to watch any movies?none?as the doctor came toward him with a hypodermic needle, Allan had a sudden?

EXTASE

Was it the syringe? Was it what the doctor had said? He didn't know anything but whatever it was, was simply delightful. As he fell into the doctor's arms, he was in the abyss. Floating as if on a raft in the middle of a wide sea. Suddenly he was jolted out of his delirium with a tell tale sensation in the pit of his stomach. He was going to....

*Morocco*

Amy Jolly would be there...wearing her tux, singing her signature lament along with Kurt Weill numbers in the trendy local dive. Madamoiselle Jolly had returned from her trek into the desert and had resigned herself to being a femme fatale in the middle of?

LA STRADA

In the middle of the street was the place for her...enjoyed by everyone, risking everything to be the darling of the night. Come morning, we'll worry then; but until then...she carried on like there was no tomorrow. What would he do with such a creature? He'd worry about that as the night wore on, but for the moment he was under her....