Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Here is another movie that I own-which also is prevelent to some things happening today as was A face in the crowd. It was nice to put a name to a face if you will. I had seen the I'm as mad as hell snipet whenever someone put a collection of movies together but didn't know what movie it was. When I watched my Oscar telecast tape from 1970-1990 I found out Peter Finch was up for best Actor well I thought he should of won his performance was tour de force. Love that line "because you're on television stupid" Also loved when Willian Holden told his going to the bridge story. Also just thought the lady who tells Dunaway the name of the new shows and what they are about and they sound the same that scene. Is that actress the lady who plays Charlie Sheen's housekeeper on 2 and a Half Men? You all do peel your eyes off TCM ocassionally don't you ...just kidding

Just thought again of the sequence when Dunaway's staff has come up with new show suggestions-how about all those Reality series and though they are good-the further installments of law and order and CSI. Like how Dunaways character says not quoting directly the next time I ask you all to come up with any ideas or send you memos you don't read I'm going to sack the whole ***sack of you.

Peter Finch DID win Best Actor for Network, albeit posthumously. The film also scored 1976 Oscars for Best Actress (Faye Dunaway), Supporting Actress (Beatrice Straight) and Screenplay (Paddy Chayefsky). It lost Best Picture and Director to Rocky and its director, John G. Avildsen.

Here I go again- I tell you at that point I was ready to jot down some show suggestions. Also when Dunaways's character is trying to sell Duvall on her crazy show ideas I'm sold. What a performance by Faye Dunaway and she won the Oscar for her performance to boot.