Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a Doris Day movie

shirleytemple

I believe it is a Doris Day movie. I have not seen it since I was 9 years old. They used to show it on the Family Film Festival on Sunday afternoons. Doris Day's character is a mother. As she is washing her daughter, the daughter complains about the smell that shampoo makes her smell like. So she takes and washes her hair with the soap. And her daughter loves the smell. Well the company hears about the her story with her daughter and offers her a job advertising for them. Anybody remember the title of that movie? Love to see it agian.

I have the Doris Day and Rock Hudson franchise Collection from Universal. It includes "Pillow Talk," Lover Come Back," and "Send Me No Flowers." The one I was hoping to get was "The Thrill of It All," but I didn't remember the movie's. I guess since I have not seen it since I was 9 and I am now 32......Just want to see it again. lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Pillow Talk is very good and where would it be without Thelma Ritter?? Another different DD film is It Happened to Jane, with Ernie Kovacs and Jack Lemmon...not as faced pace but worth seeing just the same..ditto the Glass Bottom Boat....not great but DD is as charming as ever. Now I can't stop..Send Me No Flowers, Move Over Darling.....even That Touch of Mink and the very weird Caprice with Richard Harris....

and some DD collections include Calamity Jane and the very dramatic Love Me or Leave Me, an excellent film based on the singer Ruth Etting...with James Cagney.

Part of the charm of "The Thrill Of It All" is that we see Doris in a family setting and get to see her interacting with children, which was one way she excelled on film. She could obviously put kids at ease. TCM periodically shows "Please Don't Eat The Daisies" and, since nobody's mentioned it yet, I highly recommend it to any fan of "The Thrill Of It All", if you haven't already seen it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm watching "Please Don't Eat The Daisies" and there's a sheepdog (of course), but David Niven is apparently the one who walks it, etc. It's a good point you made. You'd think by this time she would have had the clout (and the desire) to have dog scenes written in.

Archived