Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

silent film crushes

freddyathome

cindy5939,

I have withheld the identity of the Clown Girl. I know who she is, just wanted to see who else would eventually name her. It's taking awhile. I may have to post another photo of the lady before people can come up with the right answer?

So here she is again:

EstherRalstonPureCat-Nipp.jpg

*"Purrrrr, She's Pure Cat-Nip!"*

Tol'able David is one of the first silents I saw. My sister had a super8 version. I have loved RB ever since. Thought I was the only one.

*Tom Santschi* - Many people don't know him, he was a great actor, so expressive.

John Gilbert

Lars Hanson

Victor MacLaglen

Richard Barthelmess

William S. Hart

Buster Keaton

Bobby Harron

John Barrymore

Lon Chaney

Wallace Reid

just watched *The Cabin in the Cotton* last night and now reading a Barthelmess biography....

Barthelmess was also excellent in *The Patent Leather Kid,* one of his 2 Oscar nominations.

Thanks for the info on Richard Barthelmess, I'll definitely look for the movie. Stahrmonroe, great pics!

Wendy, how could I forget Victor McLaglen on my list?! Thanks for bringing him up. Nice list you have there. Were you able to find more Santschi films?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings