Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

silent film crushes

Oh dear, I think Madge's new short blonde hairstyle is singularly unattractive for her face. She was so cute and dark, but it is all ruined with that flat on top hair, which doesn't match her coloring. I wish they had shown Olive Borden up close. She had a lovely figure. And wasn't Janet adorable, as always!

Rudy would have made such a great father. You can tell he loves children.

Edited by: JackFavell on Nov 5, 2011 5:02 PM

Oh yes, Jackie. A loving and proud papa. It's heartbreaking to look into his sad eyes as he's holding them, as though he knew he'd never have kids with Natacha.

Speaking of her, I've noticed that when she smiles, she gets a messy lipstick clown look around the lips. No wonder she always kept her mouth shut in photographs.

Bronxi,

Here's a Rudy and Vilma for You!

VilmaandRudyPassionateEmbracecopy.jpg

*"Passionate Embrace"-From SON OF THE SHEIK (1926)*

I'm in agreement with you, JackFavell and Gagman. I think Madge Bellamy's earlier pictures, with her long beautiful tresses, are just breathtaking and exquisite. And she certainly did have large expressive eyes. I guess, eventually, they all end up moving with the 'Times', cutting off their long hair and going with the 'Bobbed' look.

In the Lobby Card, 'Soft Living' (1927) she resembles a younger 'Carrie Fisher'.

And Thanks to you, *Bronxgirl,* for providing that Link, showing Rudolph Valentino. I love, at the start of the clip, how they're walking towards the camera. They look like 'Godfathers'. And I think he would have made a great Dad, too.

Gagman, Thank you for Posting this Picture with Rudolph Valentino and Vilma Banky.

This is my Favorite 'Valentino' film . . . 'The Sheik' !!

He was Such a Romantic Figure and I can imagine how he made the girls in the Audience 'Swooned'

when they saw him. If he can make me Swoon today, 2011 ... I can imagine what they went through.

And it's Awesome Colors too.

Thanks Again.

So glad you liked those Rudy clips, ugaarte, thank you. Cops and other city officials loved Valentino when they met him in person -- it sadly was the male audience watching his films who were unkind (out of jealousy). He really looks so natural holding those children, doesn't he? Talking to them as if they were his own...

> For Rudy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EElD3Drc6hc&feature=related

Beautiful, Jackie, I never heard this version before.

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Nov 6, 2011 7:03 PM

Very fitting, Jackie, and much appreciated. I love the Everly Brothers! My all-time fave of theirs is 'I Kissed You'. I used to play that endlessly back in the day.

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Nov 6, 2011 7:08 PM

Rudy with his manager George Ullman's children, the ones he caught cold for spending all night on a chilly floor setting up that Christmas train village for them to marvel at.

> tumblr_llihg4sWu71qgu3nho1_400.jpg

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Nov 6, 2011 7:29 PM

Bronxgirl48 . . .

This is a Great Shot of Handsome Rudolph Valentino. I never really knew about his desires to be a Father . . .

I'm glad to know that some of his True Friends obliged him to fulfull his needs of Fatherhood, with their children, making him feel like a part of their family . . . especially making him a part of putting together a Train Set for the Children on Christmas Eve. He may have caught a cold that evening, but I think he was a happier person, for it; Most likely feeling the anticipation of the Children for that Christmas Morning !

And I love the Sepia Color, too !

Bronxi,

OK, I finally looked at the clip. Some of the footage I had not seen before. Though portions were used in Thames Hollywood over 30 years ago.

ugarrate,

This photo is not finished, there are a few mistakes. It is apparentlyof Martha Mansfield. I found it among a bunch of photos of her. However, it looks more like Marion Nixon? Or even Marion Davies. Not exactly sure who it is, or the film that it originated from.

MarthaMansfieldThePrincessOfTheBook.jpg

*Martha Mansfield-"Princess Of The Book"*

I think it looks like Martha Mansfield..... but then, I'm not too good at matching faces up with names, as we all know.

I thought the Rudy clip was going to be that same clip we all have seen from the train, but I'm glad I stayed to watch the whole thing, because I've never seen him with the kids before.

Wendy,

This is a fun pic. Wasn't very sharp, so not easy to work with.

SallyONeilOurMissCloverleafof1927.jpg

*Sally O 'Neil-"Our Miss Cloverleaf of 1927"*