Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

silent film crushes

Gagman . . .

Those are just Beautiful Photos of Mary Pickford ... and I'm with JackFavell on this one ... Mary is very Photogenic ! I especially love her photo in her lacy white dress and pearl earrings . . .

And 'dimpled' Laura La Plante looks absolutely Magnificent, especially with the light blue background, matching her lovely blue eyes . . . and those tiny pink flowers in the foreground . . .

And those are ravishing colors used on the 'Unspeakabley Fatal Flappers'. Appears to have been done in Water Color.

And here's another 'Happy Holiday' picture with sweet Janet Gaynor, setting the 'Mood' just right ! . . . Lovely Colors, Gagman ! :)

PHOTO_15645032_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*Esther Ralston-"Looking Like Christmas"*

PHOTO_15645220_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*Esther-"Glitz And Glimmer"*

PHOTO_15643181_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*Clara Bow with Fancy Corsage*

Ed,

Here's one of the sexiest Colleen Moore photos I've ever seen. I think it is from a 1929 issue of Photoplay advertising the forth-coming FOOTLIGHTS AND FOOLS. Sure wish that wasn't a lost film. I tried shrinking this image, and it just would not shrink.

[img=http://api.ning.com/files/G5yqEF7yZiHUKwZ62N1pMNzNx2ixMSQWSwa3QegqY*1uSQLsq*QDVQCOGqZ8Rxu5GCsRhdelJ6sshZ-P24wWQqnUtDqco1Wh/img010.jpg?width=750]http://api.ning.com/files/G5yqEF7yZiHUKwZ62N1pMNzNx2ixMSQWSwa3QegqY*1uSQLsq*QDVQCOGqZ8Rxu5GCsRhdelJ6sshZ-P24wWQqnUtDqco1Wh/img010.jpg

Hello Gagman ...

Clara Bow certainly did have that appealing 'Look' about her ... and this Picture of her Proves it beyond a doubt ! And I agree with you, that is a very interesting 'Corsage' !

And the Lovely Esther Ralston all done up in 'Glitz and Glimmer' really 'Shines' in this Photo . . . as she does also in her 'Christmas' Pose.

Wow ... That's a Different Look for Colleen Moore. Both in posing as a curly headed blonde and the other rather 'Racy' one of her ... I knew it was Colleen Moore because of the color of her eyes, but I have to say, I did not recognize her in the other one where she is showing a lot of skin and acting rather flirtatious.

Thanks again Gagman for the Photos ! :)

Jeff, I just wanted to say, I never noticed the eyes on the Colleen portrait in blonde, but when I woke up the next morning I just realized it was her.

I also wanted to say how much I love the color tones of the Valentino-Banky picture, it's my favorite of your photos this time around.

Wendy,

Glad you liked the SON OF THE SHEIK still. I kind of expected more people to notice the Anita Page photo with the sheep, because it is sort of a Christmas like scene.

This still is a bit of a mystery. Apparently, shows Charles Farrell with Mary Astor. I can't be sure that is Charles Farrell though. It might be mislabeled and actually be Ben Lyon. However, Astor and Farrell did Star together in Victor Flemings lost production of THE ROUGH RIDERS (1927). So maybe that is where it from?

PHOTO_15670656_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

Wendy,

Here is one of the Betty Bronson pics you posted last week. It is a cropped image from *RITZY (1927).* Betty looks so very pretty here. Thanks much for the great still.

PHOTO_15669188_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*Betty Bronson-"Legal Advice"*

ugaarate,

I'm glad you like the Colleen Moore pics. This is a still I worked on awhile ago, but never posted. Mainly because Colleen is so far away, in the distance, as is Gary Cooper.

PHOTO_15670704_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*Lilac Time-"CRASHED!"*

ZOMBIE EYES make a comeback!

> {quote:title=gagman66 wrote:}{quote}Wendy, ugaarate,

>

> Here is one of the Betty Bronson pics you posted last week. It is a cropped image from *RITZY (1927).* Betty looks so very pretty here. Thank much for the great still.

>

>

>

>

>

> PHOTO_15669188_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

>

> *Betty Bronson-"Legal Advice"*

>

Hey, only the right eye has a problem, and I fully admit to it. The left eye looks fine. The Colleen Moore photo with Curious George is much worse. The Renee Adoree pic I posted the other day, also has one bad eye. In that case it is the softness of the image that caused the issue, because it is difficult to tell exactly where the eyeball is to start with.Notice there are no Zombie Eyes of any sort on the Mary Astor picture with Charles Farrell.

> {quote:title=Scottman wrote:}{quote}According to silentera.com, THE ROUGH RIDERS exists in the holdings of MOMA. The LOC has a fragmented copy. Hopefully it has been preserved on safety film.

Scottman,

I know what it says on Silent Era, but I have asked around on Nitrateville and other places, and THE ROUGH RIDERS seems to still be Lost. It was left out of the Victor Fleming festival in New York earlier this year. Only the Trailer was included. Several other rarties like WOLF SONG, were part of the retrospective. It would be great to know that it was still around. The film was a huge hit at the time and received great reviews.

Scottman,

Here is a rare poster of Renee Adoree in "BACK TO GOD'S COUNTRY" (1927)

PHOTO_15679068_66470_8093159_ap.jpg