Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

silent film crushes

freddyathome

Wow, Gagman ! . . .

Is that really Marion Davies doing an 'Impersonation' of Pola Negri ? She's doing a Great Job of it. I hardly recognized her ...if it wasn't for the blue eyes and smaller face, I wouldv'e sworn it was Pola . . .

And from a 'Pola Negri' look-alike, we go to the other extreme, a 'Lillian Gish' look-alike . . . And I'd have to say, that Marion Davis is a real Beauty, with her soft, curled hair, 'coiffed' in Pink Ribbons. Her profile, neck and shoulders look soft and smooth.

And I love the advertisement for Clara Bow in, "Two Can Play". She appears very 'Tragic', in both photos. A 'rare' look for her.

Not like her usual 'Snappy' self, where she's holding a huge 'firecracker' in her hands . . .

And that picture of Gloria Swanson & Phyllis Haver from 1917 is Priceless . . . It appears that they were having a Lot of FUN !

And what Gloria was actually saying here was, "We're Ready for Our Close-up, Mr. Sennet' . . . wink.gif

Great Photos, Gagman.

Thanks . . .

Bronxi,

Take a gander at this.

MabelandLeopardcopy.jpg

Early Talmadge Sisters portrait. Norma is the picture of glamor,, while Constance seems more laid back here and casual. Wish this was a higher quality graphic. Very soft image that needed to be blown up many times the original posting size. Would like to be able to find a higher resolution version.

PHOTO_17195393_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*Young Talmadges by Witzel-1917*

PHOTO_17245483_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*Pola Negri- "Flaming Red!" 0 From THE SPANISH DANCER (1923)*

More of Betty Compson. No doubt gearing up for the next local "Wet Fish Dress Contest!" :D Yes sir, Betty is in wonderful shape here. That's it gal, breath in deeply that clean fresh mountain air! It does a body good! Em Hm. ;)

PHOTO_17245673_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*Betty Compson- "Ocean Spray"*

Bronxi,

Does anyone know who this is? I lost the ID. And it may not have been correct anyway. I think it had been labeled as June Collyer. But it is definitely not her. She had a dimpled chin.

JuneCollyerKnockoutDress.jpg

*"Knockout City Girl"*

Hi Gagman . . .

That's a great Photo of Mabel Normand holding onto the head of a 'Growling' Tiger . . . She always did possess those 'heavily lidded' Eyes.

And that Poster of Mabel Normand with Roscoe Arbuckle is a 'Classic' . . . I love the artistic work !

And that is 'So Bessie Love' with her 'Wide Eyed' Look. I love the Mint green color of her dress . . .

I think that GOLD CAPE has given Clara Bow 'AUTHORITY' over Harrison Ford . . . (What? ... there was an 'Original' Harrison Ford before Our NOW Harrison Ford ?) .. . . to 'chastise' him, as depicted by his hand held up in 'defense'.

And Clara Bow sure is in her Element for her Birthday. What a Gorgeous Cake . . . it goes so well with her Smile : )

And Pola Negri . . . Ever the 'Dark Beauty' ! Love her Green Fan and Red 'Flamenco' Dress . . .

And that is a Great Portrait of the Talmadge Sisters . . . Norma and Constance. I was also surprised to find out that there was a third sister, too . . . Natalie Talmadge who was married to Buster Keaton.

And Olive Borden looks confident & prepared to Ride 'Side Saddle' on the horse. I wonder if it was a real horse l

These are great Photos Gagman happy.gif

The Rough House Rosie stills just keep on coming. Here is another of Miss Bow and her Beau at the Amusement Park. One should never talk out of turn to a girl with a mallet!

PHOTO_17247533_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*"Brooklyn Strong Girl!"*

ZOMBIE EYES!

> {quote:title=gagman66 wrote:}{quote}Bronxi,

>

> Does anyone know who this is? I lost the ID. And it may not have been correct anyway. I think it had been labeled as June Collyer. But it is definitely not her. She had a dimpled chin.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> JuneCollyerKnockoutDress.jpg

>

> *"Knockout City Girl"*

>

ugaarte,

Yes, there was a Harrison Ford in the Silent Era, and he was a major Star. Leading man for everyonne from Constance Talmadge, to Marion Davies, to Marie Prevost, to Phyllis Haver.

Here is a photo of Agnes Ayres loving her hand mirror in 1923!

PHOTO_17250467_66470_8093159_ap.jpg

*"Self Absorbed Sweetie!"*

Hi Gagman . . .

Thanks for that info on the 'Original' Harrison Ford. I'll have to look out for his name next time.

That's such an Awesome Photo of Valentino. He has such a 'Pained Look of Tragic Love'. And that's such a daring shirt he's wearing. I love the color. And Alice Terry looks Lovely in that Teal Hooded Cape.

And another Great Photo of 'Sally, Irene and Mary'. It's quite a 'busy' looking portrait with the Lovely Ladies (waiting?) and those fine dressed gentlemen @ their 'beck and call'.

Clara Bow really stands out from that crowd in her bright, mint green skirt . . . Yeah, I agree with you Gagman . . . I wouldn't 'tango' with her with a mallet. I read that she really had very strong arms in real life . . .

And those are Beautiful done Trade Ad's for Delores Del Rio . . . I just Love the Coloring and Portrayals. Were Trade Ads like Posters or were they more like Lobby Cards.

Wonderful Portraits, Gagman.

Thank you.

ugaarte,

I have some clips among my videos uploaded on TCM-CFU with the original *Harrison Ford.* In *SMILIN' THROUGH (1922)* with *Norma Talmadge,* and in *ZANDER THE GREAT (1925)* with *Marion Davies.*

THEGENERALinColor1.JohnnieandAnnabelle.j

ugaarte,

Oh, be sure to check the Silent Film Artwork thread. I posted some new stuff in there a week or two ago.

MarcelineDayMineFairBeerMaidencopy.jpg

*Marceline Day- "Mine Fair Beer Maiden!"*

HI Jeff! I'mlooking in and see some gorgeous stuff here! I want to especially point out how beautiful that mystery woman you thought was June Collyer is....the deep stare into the camera is reminiscent of Louise Brooks or Crawford, but her looks are lighter, more modern. I can't quite place her. I've thought of several actresses, but she only has parts of any of them. ALmost a cross between Evelyn Brent and your Renee.

Marceline Day is so beautiful in the still right before this post! And the REVENGE stills are awesome, very very nice. I looked up the film and it got OK reviews from the NY TImes. I'm really not a big Delores Del Rio fan. Wow, she is probably my least favorite actress of the classic film era. But boy she looked good!

I love the Talmadge sisters photo, and of course the Mabel Normand is to die for!