Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
William735

WB finally releasing the Lex Barker Tarzan films on DVD

...and it's about time! Hopefully it wont be long before they release the Gordon Scott, Jock Mahoney and Mike Henry films too!

It would be nice if TCM was able to get the rights to show all the major Tarzan films!

"It would be nice if TCM was able to get the rights to show all the major Tarzan films!"

When the July listings first appeared, TCM had the 5 Lex Barker Tarzans listed. (You probably already knew this.) I think it was one for each Saturday morning in July. Next time I checked the listing, they were gone. So, we almost had them on TCM. Hopefully in the near future TCM will try again to get them.

AMC had a great, very thorough Tarzan festival back when they still pulled stuff like that together. It was from all eras and studios, hosted by Brendan Fraser, so it was right around the time "George Of The Jungle" came out. I'm pretty sure they showed all the Lex Barker, plus a couple of Jock Mahoneys and I believe three Mike Henrys. Gordon Scott too, of course. So it can be done.

TCM has two Tarzan movies listed for August. Let's see if they actually show them this time. Neither are among the best Tarzan films though.

TARZAN'S FIGHT FOR LIFE with Gordon Scott

TARZAN'S THREE CHALLENGES with Jock Mahoney.

Well, TCM did show the two Tarzan movies (sort of a tribute to Woody Strode day) and also two Bomba films with Johnny Sheffield. I hope this means TCM has all the Tarzan and Bomba movies in their film library and one day soon will show the other films with Lex Barker, Gordon Scott, Jock Mahoney and Mike Henry plus the other Bomba movies.

Looks like TCM is taking a month off in August from showing the Saturday afternoon serial and Tarzan films but will return to showing them come September.